Paneer Roll Recipe with step by step pictures and video. It can be relished as breakfast, packed in the lunch box or like an after-school snack.
This is a pretty easy to gather and a wholesome recipe. Call it by any name you like, kathi roll, paneer wrap, paneer roll… but the taste remains the same with great flavor. For any vegetarian, paneer tops the list for a rich and great dish. Paneer Tikka, Paneer Butter masala, the list just goes on..
What is a paneer roll?
The beauty of any roll or wrap is that you can make it with any filling of your choice. Have any leftover dish from the previous night, wrap it in a chapati or tortilla and you are good to go. Made extra chapatis/parathas? Worry not, make any filling of your choice and roll it in the chapati for a great wholesome dish.
The sky is the limit for making the rolls and wraps. In this Paneer Roll Recipe, I have added the paneer with few spices and ingredients to make a filling dish. Add the prepared paneer masala to tortilla wrap or homemade chapati, and you will have a great dish ready.
How do you make an easy paneer roll?
All you need are some basic ingredients to prepare this easy roll. You can tweak the recipe with any ingredients of your choice. I have added green bell pepper while cooking and raw cabbage in the roll. But you can add in any veggies that you love.
Add in carrot, cucumber, tomato, raw onion or even mayonnaise to the roll. All you have to do is make the basic paneer masala and add it to the chapati and roll it up with your preferred toppings. And your paneer roll recipe will be ready in no time at all.
Benefits of paneer
- Paneer is one of the best sources of calcium which promotes healthy bones, teeth, etc
- It is very high in protein.
- Maintains blood sugar levels.
- Any vegetarian’s delight.
- As it is high in protein, it can be a great food to add to your diet during weight loss.
You can serve the paneer roll recipe as breakfast, lunch or dinner. Pack it as a tiffin or just make it as an after-school snack. This is also a great dish to carry when you are traveling.
You can serve this paneer roll hot with tomato ketchup or some mint yogurt chutney.
Step by step pictorial of paneer roll recipe
- Drizzle oil in pan and add the onions. Stir fry for 30 secs on high heat. Add garlic and again cook for about a minute. Next, add in the salt, red chili powder and cook for another 1 minute while stirring continuously.
- Add the green bell pepper or capsicum and stir for 30 secs. Next, add in the mustard paste and tomato ketchup. Stir again.
- Throw in the paneer.
- Cook for a couple of minutes till the masala is fully coated with paneer.
- Place the paneer masala on a chapati or tortilla wrap. Place some cabbage and sprinkle some chaat masala on top. Roll it up and serve it hot with ketchup or mint chutney.
Let’s get started with the paneer roll recipe
Paneer Roll Recipe
Watch the Video
What You Need:
- 2 chapatis or tortilla wraps
- 100 gms paneer, sliced lenghtwise
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp red chili powder
- 1/8 tsp mustard paste
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 4 tbsp cabbage, sliced
- 1 tsp chat masala
How To Make:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the sliced onions. Saute for 30 seconds on high. Next, add in the garlic and saute for 1 more minute. Add salt and red chili powder.
- Add the green capsicum and saute for 30 seconds on high heat. Mix in the mustard paste and ketchup.
- Throw in the paneer and cook for 2 minutes till the masala is fully coated with paneer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Take a tortilla wrap or chapati, and place half of the paneer mixture in the middle. Place the cabbage and sprinkle some chaat masala on top. Roll it up.
- Repeat for the second chapati as well. Cut into half and serve it hot with ketchup or mint chutney.
- The cooking time for chapati is not included in the total time.
- You can add in any veggies of your choice like carrots, cucumber, tomato etc.
- Mayonnaise or even some green chutney can be added as topping.
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in May 2015. New Image, Step by step photos and video have been added. The recipe has been made printable in October 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.