Paneer Lababdar Recipe, Restaurant Style with step by step photos and video instructions is a paneer recipe made with onion, tomato and cashew paste. It is pretty simple to make and tastes amazingly delicious. Soft, silky and succulent paneer cubes made with the spiced gravy is just pure deliciousness like the Kadai Paneer.
How to make paneer at home?
You can make the paneer right at home. Boil 1 liter of milk and add 1 tbsp lemon juice or white vinegar. The milk will start curdling, switch off the heat. Let it rest for a few minutes until all the milk has been curdled. Transfer this curdled milk to a muslin cloth and strain all the water from it. Cover the muslin cloth and place it on the strainer. Place a weight on top and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. Cut into the desired shape in the morning.
What is Paneer Lababdar recipe?
Paneer lababdar is a delicious dish made from Indian cottage cheese in an onion, gravy, cashew, and spices gravy. The soft, silky paneer in the luscious gravy is a perfect accompaniment for both roti and rice.
What are the main ingredients for making the paneer lababdar?
The main ingredients for making the paneer lababdar recipe are paneer, garam masala, onion, tomato, cashews among other basic spices. Thought the ingredient list would look long, it is pretty easy to make. All you have to do is gather all the ingredients together and make a paste out of it. After that is it is totally a breeze to make this paneer lababdar recipe.
Pro Tips / important Things to remember while making the paneer lababdar recipe
Step by Step Pictorial process of making the paneer lababdar recipe
1.Heat oil in a kadai and add the cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, cumin seeds.
2. Next, add the chopped onion to it and fry well.
3. Once the onion has turned brown, remove from the oil using a slotted spoon and set aside till it cools down.
4. Take these browned onions, garam masala in a mixie jar and add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, tomato, salt, cashews. There is no need to add water as tomato will turn watery once we grind it. Yet, if you feel it is thick, you can add water to grind.
5. Grind to make a paste with it.
6. Heat the oil in the kadai and add this ground masala paste to it. Fry well till oil separates from the sides.
7. Add the paneer cubes and mix gently. Next, add water and cook covered on low heat.
8. Once the gravy starts boiling, cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat, garnish with coriander leaves before serving hot.
It is a really tasty gravy recipe which tastes well with both roti or rice. You can try it with any kind of Indian Breads. I, especially, love it with the Garlic Naan.
Serve it hot.
For more paneer recipes:
Let’s get started with the Paneer Lababdar Recipe, Restaurant Style
Paneer Lababdar Recipe, Restaurant Style Paneer Lababdar
- 300 gms paneer / indian cottage cheese cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 no. onions chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 cloves
- 3-4 cardamom
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
To Make Paste
- 4 no. tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
Frying the onion
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cardamom, cloves, cardamom, cumin seeds and onion. Fry till the onion turns brown in color. Remove from oil using a slotted spoon and allow to cool and transfer to a mixie jar.
Grinding the Paneer Lababdar Masala
- Add in the tomatoes, cashew nuts, red chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, salt along with the browned onions and garam masala.
- Add water, if necessary. Grind to make a paste with it.
How to make the Paneer Lababdar Recipe
- Heat oil in the same pan and add this ground paste and cook till oil starts separating.
- Add paneer pieces and stir gently. Add half a glass of water and cook covered.
- Bring it to a boil and allow it to cook for 5 more minutes. Switch off and relish with any type of Indian bread.
- You can add half a teaspoon of Kasuri methi towards the end for enhanced flavor.
- Oil can be replaced with butter or ghee for a more authentic taste.
- You can also add cream if you want rich flavor and texture.
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in August of 2016. New Image, Step by step photos and video have been added for better understanding. The recipe has been made printable in December 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.