Paneer Fry Recipe with step by step pictures and video is a simple and tasty dish made with the Indian cottage cheese or paneer. Like the paneer butter masala, this is a very popular dish but gets ready in a jiffy.
For more paneer recipes try the following
How to make paneer fry
Making the paneer fry recipe is a very easy process. All you have to do is just marinate the paneer in some basic spices and then give it a light fry. That’s it. Your paneer fry will be ready in no time.
Very quick and easy to make dish
This dish will be a perfect accompaniment when you have sudden guests at home. Now, who doesn’t love the paneer. It is a top favorite among kids and adults alike. And when making it is so easy, there is no reason why this shouldn’t be on the menu as often as possible.
It is so simple that you can make this paneer fry recipe in 15 minutes. The only time-consuming part is the marination. But if you are short on time, you can prick the paneer with a fork and apply the spices. That way it will be easier for the marinade to absorb fully into the paneer.
Important tip for making the paneer fry
➡ The important tip for making the paneer fry recipe is to microwave the paneer. Microwave it for 1 minute and allow it to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before cooking. It will make the paneer stay soft even after you fry it.
Can you fry the paneer
Unlike other cheese varieties, frying the paneer doesn’t make it melt. As the paneer is an acid set cheese, it doesn’t fall apart or melt. It is made from curdled milk and set using weights to drain out all the water from it. So you can always fry the paneer.
Is the paneer fry recipe healthy for you?
This particular paneer fry recipe is incredibly healthy for you. If you notice the ingredients and the video procedure, you will notice that very little oil is used for making this dish. It is not a deep fried dish that you have to worry about devoring all the oil from it.
Just a drizzle of oil should do the trick. You can also make it on a grill pan and totally avoid the oil altogether.
You can serve this paneer fry recipe as a side dish, starter or as a snack. This will be a hit with both kids and adults alike. Serve it hot from the stove.
Step by step pictures of making the paneer fry recipe
- Mix together all ingredients under marinade in a bowl.
- Mix well to form a paste.
- Add paneer pieces
- Coat well with the marinade.
- Place the paneer pieces on a pan and drizzle some oil.
- Fry until golden brown on either side. Serve hot.
Paneer Fry Recipe, Easy Paneer Fry Dry Recipe
Watch the Video
What You Need:
- 250 gms paneer, cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp thick yogurt
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp oil
How To Make:
- Mix the ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, yogurt, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste to the paneer cubes and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan and place the marinated paneer cubes on it. Drizzle some oil around the paneer. Turn over the paneer once the bottom is lightly brown. Cook till it lightly brown in color and the raw smell has disappeared from the masalas.
- Serve hot as an appetizer or an accompaniment with rice and dal.
- Microwave the paneer cubes for 1 minute. Drain out all excess water. This helps in keeping the paneer soft.
- If you are short on time, you can skip the marination. Instead gently prick the paneer pieces with a fork and apply the marinade.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in July 2016. Step by step photos and video have been added. The recipe has been made printable in October 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.