Palak Gosht recipe or the Spinach Mutton curry with step by step photos and video instructions is quite a popular side dish in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. It is liked by both kids and adults alike. Tasty mutton curry added with spinach leaves makes one of the most healthy and delicious curries that pairs well with both rice and roti. Like the methi gosht, this is very easy to make.
What is palak gosht recipe?
A delicious combination of palak with gosht will be a sure hit for any table. It is a curry made along with spinach leaves and lamb meat. You can either fully dry up the curry if you are serving with rice. Or leave some gravy if you are serving with roti.
What are the benefits of palak or spinach?
The spinach is low in fat and high on iron. It contains high amounts of carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, and calcium. This leafy green should definitely be part of your regular diet.
How to cut the palak?
Separate the leaves from the stems and check the leaves carefully for any insects in them. Sometimes, you will find small dots on them. Those are the eggs of the pests and discard those leaves. Next, wash the leaves under running water to clean and remove any dirt on it. Finally, chop the leaves, either with scissors or with the knife on the chopping board.
Pro tips / important things to remember while making this palak gosht recipe
Step by Step pictorial of making the palak gosht recipe
1.First, heat oil in a pan and add the sliced onions. Fry til the onions turns translucent. Once the onions are translucent, add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell has vanished from it.
2. Add the coriander powder, red chili powder and salt to the fried onions.
3. Next, add in the mutton pieces and stir well to mix all the masala.
4, Fry until all the water has dried up and mutton starts browning in color. At this point, add the required amount of water and cook until the mutton is almost done.
5. Wash, clean and chop the spinach. Add the spinach to the cooked mutton masala.
6. Mix well and do not add water. The palak has the tendency to leave water so if you can add, it will a long time to dry up.
7. Cook until palak is done. Serve hot with rice or roti.
Serve it hot immediately.
You can serve this dish with both rice or roti.
More similar recipes:
Let’s learn how to make the palak gosht recipe, spinach mutton curry
Palak Gosht recipe, Spinach Mutton curry
- 500 gms mutton cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 4 bunches of spinach leaves
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion till translucent. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell from the ginger garlic has vanished.
- Now add the red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt and mix well.
- Add the mutton pieces and cook till all the water dries up. Pour about a cup of water and cook till the mutton is almost done. (about 15 minutes in pressure cooker)
- Then add the spinach. Mix well. Cook till the leaves change their color and all the water dries up.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
- Always check the spinach for insects or their eggs. Discard any such leaves.
- Chop them with kitchen scissors or with the knife after washing the leaves.
- You can cook the mutton in a pressure cooker too.
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in March of 2016. New, Image, Step by step photos and video have been added for better understanding. The recipe has been made printable in November 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.