السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Palak Chicken recipe or the Spinach Chicken recipe. A very healthy and tasty dish made with aromatic spices.
This tasty Palak Chicken recipe is almost just too perfect for these last few winter days (I mean if you would consider that a winter here. The weather has been perfect, so no complaints). Thick and satisfying curry with really mellow, warm, earthy flavors, plus drizzled with a bit of olive oil and a splash of various spices, this Palak Chicken recipe will surely make a perfect accompaniment for any dish. My choice for making this dish was using the boneless chicken. I am getting all mushy over my love for the boneless meat, but that is a strong favorite for the kids and moi! You can totally, totally, use the bone in chicken if you so desire. And what can I say about the Spinach. I am sure Popeye has surely hit the point already and I don’t have to elaborate on the health benefits of it. Always use fresh palak for making this dish but if it is not accessible to you easily, then you can use the frozen one. Just make sure you drain your spinach really well. Thawed frozen spinach is full of water and you will want to blot it as much as you can.
You will have to fry the onions and then add the spices and sautee them really well. Add in the chicken and the spinach and cook till done. Yes, that’s it. Simple and easy. Delicious and mouth watering. You can shred the chicken like I have done or simply leave the chicken pieces intact for the Palak Chicken recipe or the Spinach Chicken recipe. I have shredded it so that you get the taste of the spinach and the chicken in every single bite and I do not have to worry if my kids are omitting the palak.
Let’s get started with the Palak Chicken recipe or the Spinach Chicken recipe right away.
Palak Chicken recipe-Spinach Chicken-How to make Palak Chicken
- 500 gms boneless chicken cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 3 bunches of spinach remove the stem and chop it finely
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 onion finely siced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Heat oil in a wok and add the cumin seeds. Add the onions and fry till golden brown.
- Stir in the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell from the ginger garlic vanishes.
- Now add the red chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder and fry for a minute.
- Add the chicken and cook till the water has dried up from the chicken.
- Next add in the spinach and a cup of water. Cook till the chicken is done. After switching off the flame, drizzle the olive oil over the palak chicken recipe and serve hot.
For more chicken recipes try Black Pepper Chicken Curry Recipe
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.