With the weekend here, it was time to make something different and delicious. And Pahadi Chicken Curry Recipe was just the recipe that fitted the bill. Now I didn’t go to any “pahad” (mountain) so learn this recipe, rather this pahadi chicken curry recipe was inspired by Aditya Bal, the renowed chef who travels across India to learn new and truly traditional recipes. I love how he cooks at the very place he visits, no matter how remote it is and gives every dish the authentic feel that it deserves. I have tweaked this pahadi chicken curry recipe a little to suit my family’s taste.
With the tangy taste of both yogurt and tamarind, the pahadi chicken curry recipe was surely very different from the regular chicken recipes. I have never tried chicken with the tamarind before. But I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by how good it tasted with peas pulao. It was simply pure indulgence. I must have done something right that the pahadi chicken curry recipe turned so delicious and I was getting rave reviews from my kids, who are really picky eaters. Without wasting more time, let’s just get started with the chicken pahadi curry recipe.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you like this recipe.
Use the below recipe to take an easy printout for your reference later
Pahadi Chicken Recipe
What You Need:
- 1 chicken, cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper corns
- 2 cloves
- 1 small stick cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp crushed red chili flakes
- 2 onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp tamarind extract
- salt to taste
How To Make:
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and add the coriander seeds, black pepper corns, cloves, cinnamon, fennel seeds and onion. Fry till the onion turns translucent. Add the ginger garlic paste and coriander leaves. Grind this to a smooth paste and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and shallow fry the chicken pieces till they turn lightly brown in color.
- Now add the ground masala paste, turmeric, salt, crushed red chili flakes, yogurt and tamarind extract. Cook on low flame till the oil starts floating on the top. Serve hot with rice or roti.