Onion Dosa recipe with step by step instructions. Now, who doesn’t love dosas? A dosa is a thin, spicy, crispy crêpe-like food made from fermented rice and black lentils. It is not only very popular in India but abroad too. It may be served plain with sambar and chutney or customized to your taste buds by adding a variety of ingredients to it. The key to a good onion dosa is that the bottom should be crispy but the top should be a little bit soft. Always cook on medium-low heat for perfectly crispy, golden dosa.
Onion Dosa Recipe with step by step photos-
I am gonna post Onion Dosa today. I know it is too simple, but this is the favorite dosa of my husband. Onion dosa is pretty easy to make. A quick mix-in of onion, coriander leaves and green chillies adds an excellent flavor and your delicious Onion Dosa is ready to relish. Serve it with sambar and coconut chutney or coconut dal chutney
So here is the onion dosa recipe
Ingredients for onion dosa recipe
- dosa batter
- coriander leaves
- green chili
Method for making onion dosa recipe
1.Heat a non stick tawa or cast iron tawa and spread the dosa batter on the whole of the pan in a circular motion.
2.Grease all the sides with oil.
3. Sprinkle it with finely chopped onion, coriander leaves and green chilies and fold it into the half.
4.Cook till the dosa turns brown from the bottom. Flip it to the other side and repeat. Serve it with sambar and coconut chutney or coconut dal chutney
More breakfast recipes
How to make onion dosa recipe
Onion Dosa Recipe
- 1/2 cup dosa batter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- Heat a non-stick tawa and spread half of the dosa batter on the whole of the pan in a circular motion.
- Grease all the sides with oil.
- Sprinkle half of with finely chopped onion, coriander leaves and green chillies and fold it into half.
- Cook till the dosa turns brown from the bottom. Flip it to the other side and repeat.
- Repeat for making another dosa with rest of the batter. Serve hot with chutney or sambar.
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in May 2015. The recipe has been made printable in October 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.