Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh
Oatmeal date bars or the date bars is a healthy, tasty and nutritious energy bars. You can just grab this for breakfast when you are rushing. Or simply take it along with you for picnic. You can even serve this as an after school snack for kids.
For more similar recipes try the following
Homemade Granola Bars
Chewy Granola Bars
There is no one way of serving this Oatmeal date bars or the date bars. It is so easy to put together.
I first made the Oatmeal date bars or the date bars when I had lot of dates at home. Someone had brought this as a Ramadan gift as date is the must have during iftaar. And I had few kgs of it. No matter how much we ate, there was no way we could finish it up the entire stuff.
Initially I thought I would make a roll with nuts. But later changed my mind as I wanted then to last longer and wanted it to be baked. And hence I thought of making the Oatmeal date bars or the date bars. I have made the oatmeal bars before but never tried with the dates.
When I surfed the net, I did find what I wanted. Oatmeal bars filled with date paste in the center. And there I got my recipe. Though I have ever since missed from where I learned this Oatmeal date bars or the date bars recipe. I had the habit of taking down quick notes in my diary and forgetting from where it was inspired. You see, those were the pre-blogging days and I would never have imagined that I would one day need to give credit.
So coming back to the recipe, we would need to make a date paste first. Then spread a layer of oats, add the date paste and then top it off with another layer of the oatmeal. We then bake it to perfection.
It stays good for about couple of weeks. Store it in an air tight container and after 3 – 4 days, keep it refrigerated. You can grab it any time you feel like munching on them. This is just perfect to pack for school box for kids. Filled with nutritious ingredients and no added sugar, you will be guilt free when you serve your family this healthy Oatmeal date bars or the date bars.
So let’s just get started with the Oatmeal date bars or the date bars recipe
Oatmeal Date Bars, Date Bars recipe
For the date paste
- 500 gms dates roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
For the bar
- 1 cup butter melted
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups oats quick or rolled
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees. Grease a baking pan with butter or cooking spray and set aside.
- In a pan, add dates, water and sugar. Bring this to a boil and cook until the dates soften.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, and baking soda.
- Add melted butter, and stir until combined. The mixture would be little dry. Do not worry about it.
- Press half of the flour mixture into the prepared baking pan. Pour the date filling over it. Then press the remaining flour mixture over the top of the filling
- Bake for 20 minutes or bars start to turn golden in the oven.
- Let them cool completely before cutting them into bars of your preferred shape.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com. Appreciate your help.