السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Mutton Kulambu recipe – mutton kuzhambu. A simple and delicious South Indian Mutton Curry recipe made with simple spices and tamarind based gravy.
Mutton Kulambu recipe is a very simple recipe with very few basic ingredients. The mutton pieces are cooked in a onion and tomato gravy base, spiced with red chilli powder and then simmered in tamarind paste, which totally enhances the flavor and takes it to another level. Kulambu means gravy in Tamil. This was such a commonly made dish at my home that I am wondering why it took so long to post. Even now I make this recipe quite often when my mind is not working and I just cook this dish on reflex. This mutton kulambu recipe is basically a gravy recipe which tastes good with both rice or roti. You can even prepare this mutton mutton kulambu recipe a day before you intend to serve it, as the flavors actually improves with time. This Mutton Kulambu recipe is so flavorful, spicy and delicious that it is sure to tickle your taste buds. The mutton pieces can also be deep – fried before being added to the gravy, but I don’t do that. It’s up to you. If the dish seems too spicy, add a little milk, light cream or coconut milk to tame the flavors.
Let’s get started with the Mutton Kulambu recipe – mutton kuzhambu
Mutton Kulambu recipe-mutton kuzhambu
What You Need:
- 500 gms mutton pieces, cleaned
- 2 tbsp oil / ghee
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 4 - 5 green chilies
- 2 cardamom
- 2 inch stick cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 2 to matoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- salt to taste
How To Make:
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan or pressure cooker. Add the onions and fry till golden brown.
- Stir in ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell has disappeared from it. Add the mutton pieces and cook till brown.
- Now add in the chopped tomatoes, coconut, cumin seeds, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, green chilies, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Add in the required water. Cook till the mutton is tender.
- Add the tamarind paste and simmer till the oil starts floating on the top.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot.
For more mutton recipes try out Kadai Gosht recipe-Kadhai Gosht recipe
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.