Mutton Keema Pulao recipe-A rice preparation made with mutton mince which is absolutely delicious and tasty and yet so simple to make.
My kids are not so very big fan of mutton. Any day they prefer chicken recipes over the mutton recipes. And I have to scratch my head to find out new ways to get it into their diet. And hence the recipes like the chapli kabab, shami kabab or the keema biryani recipe. It is always such a chore to make them eat the mutton. Anyways I am not so worried as anyways, any given day, lean protein is better than the red meat. But I don’t want them to totally omit a food group from their diet too. And hence such recipes to incorporate into their routine which can make them eat it without much fuss.
The Mutton Keema Pulao recipe is pretty easy to make. I have used the basmati rice for making this recipe but you can always make with other types of rice varieties too. Even the simple ponni rice tastes good with this mutton keema pulao recipe.
This is a very simple pulao recipe. Unlike the biryani recipes like the mutton biryani or the chicken biryani or for that matter even keema biryani, we cook the rice fully and mix it with the keema masala. It is just a different kind of a rice variety recipe. We don’t need to do any dum or any special method is involved. You can very well cook the rice in the rice cooker and mix it with the keema masala to make a very easy yet awesome sounding mutton keema pulao recipe.
For more such recipes you can check Keema Matar with Corn Pulao Tawa Pulao Recipe-How to make Tawa Pulao Channa Pulao-Chana Rice Recipe
So let’s just get started with the mutton keema pulao recipe
Mutton Keema Pulao recipe-Recipe for Mutton Mince Pulao
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 kg 1 lb mutton mince/keema
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 green chili slit/hari mirch
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste/adrak lahsun
- 2 to mato finely chopped/tamatar
- 1 tsp red chili powder/lal mirch powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder/dhaniya powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder/haldi powder
- 1 bay leaf/tej patta
- 2 cloves/laung
- 1 one inch cinnamon stick/dal chini
- 2 cardamom/elaichi
- 1/2 tsp black cumin seeds/shahi jeera
- salt to taste/namak
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves/cilantro/hara dhaniya
- 3 tbsp chopped mint leaves/pudina
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions till they are golden brown in color. Next add the slit green chili, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick, cardomom, shahi jeera. Stir for 30secs and add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric and mutton mince. Fry till all the water has dried up and the mince turn golden brown in color.
- Now add the chopped tomato, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt and cook till the tomato is tender.
- Add a cup of water and cook till the keema is tender.
- Mix this mutton keema mixture with the cooked rice and serve hot garnished with coriander and mint leaves.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.