السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Mutton Chops Curry Recipe-A very delicious curry recipe made with the lamb chops in coconut sauce and freshly ground spices.
A very unique and tasty mutton chops recipe unlike any other on the web. I simply love this dish as it tastes amazing with anything and everything. Be it chapati, roti, nan, kulcha, khichdi, dosa, idiyappam or even some plain steamed rice. The mutton chops curry recipe tastes good with anything.
This cut of the lamb is really very tasty and in sha ALLAH you will see a lot of chops recipes on my blog in future.
For preparing the mutton chops curry you have to marinate the mutton chops in yogurt and ginger garlic paste for at least an hour or so. Make a paste of the onions, chilies, coriander leaves, mint leaves and other spices.
Fry this ground masala in oil till it starts separating and then add the marinated mutton chops. Cook till tender and your delicious mutton chops curry recipe is ready to serve. Yes, it’s as simple as that. No big and elaborate preparations and cooking. Simple and tasty! With few ingredients.
The chops in itself is a very delicious cut of meat which tastes amazing and when cooked in such form, it really elevates to another level.
Let’s get started with the mutton chops curry recipe
Mutton Chops Curry Recipe-How to make mutton chops curry
- 500 gms lamb chops
- 1 cup yogurt/dahi
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste/adrak lahsun
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp black pepper seeds/kali mirch
- 3 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 2 green chili/hari mirch
- 2 red chili/lal mirch if you don't have the red chili, substitute with green chili
- 2 onions roughly chopped
- 3-4 cardamom/elaichi
- 3-4 cloves/laung
- a small stick cinnamon/dal chini
- bunch of coriander leaves/cilantro/hara dhaniya
- bunch of mint leaves/pudina
- salt to taste
- Wash the lamb chops thoroughly. Mix ginger garlic paste and yogurt to the chops and marinate for at-least an hour or more.
- Grind together, black pepper, cumin seeds, green chili, red chili, onions, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, coriander leaves and mint leaves to a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the ground masala and fry well till the oil starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Now add the marinated lamb chops and salt and cook till the chops are thoroughly cooked. If necessary add some water. Otherwise you can cook in a pressure cooker for 2-3 whistles.
- Your delicious mutton chops curry is ready to serve with roti, chapati, nan or simple plain rice.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.