Mutton Butter Roast, a very delicious and yummy lamb dish that is absolutely a delight. This is a very simple yet so royal dish.
There aren’t many ingredients added in this dish. Yet the very simple process of making this delicious mutton butter roast elevates the taste to next level.
This mutton butter roast is my humble effort to present to you another of the mutton dish. Making this recipe is not so difficult. All you have to do is gather some of the basic ingredients that are right available in your kitchen.
Lightly roast the spices and grind them into a paste. Tenderize the mutton before adding it to the butter spice paste.
I had posted the Butter Roast Chicken Recipe few days back. If you check it out, you will see how both the recipes are almost identical. The only difference being the addition of chicken instead of mutton.
The soft, melt in the mouth taste of the butter will linger long after you have finished your meal.
The mutton butter roast taste well with both rice and roti. It even goes with any kind of pulao recipes.
So let’s get started with the Mutton Butter Roast, How to make Mutton Butter Roast
Mutton Butter Roast
What You Need:
- 500 gms mutton, cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 to 4 whole dry red chilli, (more if you like it spicy)
- 3 to 4 cardamom
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 1 tsp fennel seeds/saunf
- 1 tsp black pepper corns
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 5 tbsp butter
- few sprigs of curry leaves
How To Make:
- Take mutton in a pan and add the ginger garlic paste and sufficient water. Cook till the mutton is done.
- Dry roast whole dry chilli, cardamom, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black pepper corns on low flame till a nice aroma emanated from it.
- Switch off the flame and allow to cool. Once the spices have cooled down, transfer to a grinder and add the garlic and lemon juice. Grind to make a paste. Set aside this paste.
- Heat butter in a pan and add curry leaves. Add the ground spice paste. Cook for couple of minutes.
- Next throw in the mutton. Fry till all the masala is well coated to the mutton.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot.
Here is a video recipe for easy understanding. Please do not forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for latest updates.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appreciate your help.