السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Mutta Curry Recipe with coconut or the Egg Curry is a pretty simple and straight forward egg curry recipe which is as easy as it can get. This is a perfect midweek curry to put together which can be a real life saver. And I guess, most of you will agree after trying it out.
You would assume the life of a blogger would be easy on the cooking front. That I’d have plenty of fancy ideas up my sleeve to whip up fancy gourmet food every single day. Well, to be honest, it is nothing like that. Every single day I’d have to think and think and think some more to quickly whip up a meal. I am a person who really like to plan ahead what to cook the next day and finally to only make something else, entirely different from the dish that I had in my mind. I finally make something which is simple, easy and filling. Well, you will not believe the number of times that I refer my own blog to decide what I can cook from it. Ugghh!! There goes my reputation. Now that I have already let the cat out of the bag, let me go ahead and reveal some more that this blog was more about documenting the recipes as I have outgrown the notebook that I have been maintaining since “Stone Age”. And I keep referring my blog for the measurements for some of the recipes that I make. There… I did it again. Where do I go and hide now.
The Mutta Curry recipe with Coconut / Egg Curry is a simple, easy and filling egg curry recipe which gets cooked pretty fast and does have a rich look and taste. Well, when I have started talking about easy and filling dish, you should definitely head out to Jehan’s Islandmile for her THE 10 MINUTE BREAD AND EGG BREAKFAST, which I felt was awesome. Simple, delicious, easy and filling. Just my kind of recipe. You should really check out her blog for more amazing recipes from the beautiful land of Sri Lanka. You will find a wide variety of dishes on her awesome blog that will leave you in awe, be it her unique style of recipes or her beautiful taken pictures, you will be truly mesmerized.
Mutta Curry recipe with Coconut / egg curry is a simple curry which only takes the making of the masala with frying the onions, and cooking the tomato with spices and finally giving it a dash of coconut paste. Add this to the boiled eggs and you will be ready with a delicious side dish for chapati or roti or even with plain steamed rice.
Let’s get started with the Mutta Curry recipe with Coconut / egg curry
Mutta Curry recipe with Coconut
- 4 eggs / anda
- 2 tbsp oil / tel
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds / rai
- 1 sprig of curry leaves / kadi patta
- 2 green chili / hari mirch slit in half
- 2 onions finely sliced / pyaz
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste / adrak lehsun paste
- 2 to matoes finely chopped / tamatar
- 1 tsp turmeric powder / haldi powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder / dhaniya powder
- 4 tbsp coconut paste / nariyal
- corinader leaves / cilantro / hara dhaniya for garnish
- Boil the eggs and deshell them. Make slits on them and set aside. (Alternatively you make make the eggs into half and use them)
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begin to splutter, add the slit green chili and curry leaves. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Throw in the onions and fry till translucent. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell vanishes.
- Nest toss in the tomatoes and cook till mushy. Now add in the red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder. Fry for 1 minute and add the coconut paste. (Alternatively you can add in the coconut milk here).
- Adjust the consistency according to your preference by adding water.
- Add the eggs and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves before serving.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post
For more such similar recipe try out the following.