Molten chocolate lava cake is one among my many favorites like the Caramel Chocolate Lava Cake, Brownie, Microwave Brownie, Chocolate Ice Cream, Hot Chocolate, Chocolate Covered Strawberry.. The List goes on and it will continue to grow.. Chocolate tops the list in my favorite dessert category. Eating chocolate reduces stress for me. Hehe!! Really. That is good enough reason to indulge in chocolate as often as possible. I love anything to do with chocolate. And can it get any better than molten chocolate lava cake recipe. The oozing chocolate lava from the perfectly baked cake can any given the topple the best desserts in the market. Add a scoop of ice cream to it and yes, it’s bliss. I can get engrossed in it for eternity. I wish I had bookmarked the blog from where I had taken the recipe. But whenever I see a great recipe with chocolate , I just cant wait and note down the ingredients in a jiffy and I am off to try it in the kitchen.
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe is so delicious, yummy, elegant and so easy to put together. Don’t be intimidated by the look of the molten chocolate lava cake recipe, below is a very easy and fool proof recipe. I prefer using the dessert cups as when you flip it over it gives a nice shape to the molten chocolate lava cake.
Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as it nicely mixes up the chocolate sauce. Molten Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe is like eating a chocolate sundae and chocolate cake. Without much further ramblings, let’s head to the molten chocolate lava cake recipe.
How to make the molten chocolate lava cake recipe
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
- 100 g dark chocolate chopped
- 100 g butter
- 150 g light soft brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F/Gas 6). Butter four basins or ramekins well and place on a baking tray.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a microwave in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the sugar, and the eggs.
- Mix the vanilla extract and stir in the flour gently. Divide the mixture among the basins or ramekins.
- Bake now for 10 minutes, or until the tops are firm to touch but the middle still feel squidgy.
- Allow to cool to handle. Place plate on top and flip ramekin over. Dust with powdered sugar and top with a fresh raspberry. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in May 2015. The recipe has been made printable in October 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.