Mango Mutton curry recipe is a delicious lamb meat made with raw mangoes. As the raw mangoes are in season, this dish should certainly be tried.
For more similar recipes try the following
Raw Mango Rice
With the mangoes swarming the market with full swing, this dish should certainly be on your to-do list. The taste is so amazingly delicious that you won’t need anything else.
The best part that I love about this mango mutton curry recipe or the kairi gosht recipe is the fact that I do not have to worry about any gravy or side dish to go with it.
This is such a versatile dish that it tastes awesome with both rice and roti. It tastes awesome with both.
Depending on the sourness of the raw mango, adjust the amount of mango that goes into it. You do not want to end up with too sour a curry. The raw mango that I used wasn’t too sour and hence I have taken the liberty to use the a whole raw mango. But the mango was too sour, I wouldn’t have dared to use the entire fruit and would have used only half of it.
Hence check the sourness of the mango and adjust accordingly.
There are not many ingredients added in this mango mutton curry or the kairi gosht recipe. Few basic spices are added which you would add in any mutton curry preparation. The entire taste is derived from the mangoes.
So let’s get started with the Mango Mutton Curry Recipe, Kairi Gosht Recipe
Mango Mutton Curry Recipe, Kairi Gosht Recipe
- 500 gms mutton
- 1 raw mango adjust according to the sourness, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 green chili slit
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 heaped tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker or pan.
- Add the green chili, onion, salt, ginger garlic paste and mutton.
- Fry till the water dries up from the mutton.
- Add the red chili powder, garam masala powder and turmeric powder. Fry lightly.
- Add the required amount of water. Cook until the mutton is done.
- Now add in the raw mango and cook till the mango turns soft and pulpy.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Check out the video recipe below
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appreciate your help.