Mango Coconut Burfi is a delicious dessert that you can make only during the mango season. Like the mango lassi, you can guess we can make the mango coconut burfi recipe only during the mango season and if we miss it, then we would have to wait one more year to make it.
The mango coconut burfi recipe is really yummy and delicious. A simple addition of the mango takes up the coconut burfi to whole new level.
What variety of mango to use for the mango coconut burfi?
If the Alphonso is still in the season then definitely make this mango coconut burfi recipe with it, otherwise, any other mango would just be fine. But the real taste comes out only with the alphonso mango. The flavor of it is simply above all other mangoes for this recipe. You can also try it with the Badami variety as well.
Ingredients required for mango coconut burfi recipe
We don’t need too many ingredients for making this dish. It is made with very few items that are listed below:
- fresh coconut
- mango pulp
Pro Tips / important things to remember while making the coconut mango burfi
More dessert recipes:
How to make the mango coconut barfi recipe
Mango Coconut Burfi Recipe
What You Need:
- 2 cups fresh coconut, grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mango pulp
- handful of sliced cashew nuts or any other nuts of your choice for garnishing
How To Make:
- Dry roast the coconut on low flame till it gets light brown in color.
- Add in milk, sugar and mango pulp.
- Keep stirring till the mixture gets thick and dry, and form a lump.
- Turn off the flame and while it is still lukewarm make the shape of your choice, or spread it over a greased plate and cut it into squares.
- Garnish with the sliced nuts. Your mango coconut barfi is ready to serve
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in September 2015. It has been retested and updated with reader feedback. The recipe has been made printable and checkboxes added for following the steps easily.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.
n nuts-crunchy corn nuts recipe