Lobia Recipe, Pakistani or the Black Eyed Peas Curry is a simple and tasty preparation. It tastes awesome with both rice and roti.
For more similar recipes try the following links
Made pretty much same like the chana masala, this lobia recipe is a very versatile dish. The black eyed peas is known as lobia or chawali. Loaded with lot of health benefits, there is just no reason to avoid this bean. Full of vitamins and fiber, this lobia recipe, Pakistani should be included in your menu pretty often.
It tastes awesome with both rice and roti. I, personally, love it with roti. Depending upon what you would serve this lobia masala recipe with, adjust the consistency. If you serve with rice, add little bit more water and keep it thin. If you are serving with roti, then you can keep it little thick.
Unlike the chana, this black eyed peas get soaked faster. But for best results you can soak them overnight. Or even 5 to 6 hours would be sufficient. And for cooking too, it doesn’t take as much time as the chana. Just 3 to 4 whistles in the pressure cooker would be more than enough. But depending upon the quality of the lobia that you get, use your judgement while cooking the lobia.
Today I am sharing the Pakistani version of the lobia recipe masala. There is not much of a difference from the Indian version. But I have seen this being made in the Pakistani homes more often. I might be wrong, but that’s what I have noticed.
The lobia recipe, Pakistani is a pretty simple and easy to make dish. I soak the lobia in the morning and boil it at night. When there is early morning rush for the kids school, it is breeze to make this lobia recipe, Pakistani. I have the chapati dough ready in the fridge. So I just make some chapati and make this lobia masala recipe. It is a perfect simple and healthy dish to pack for the family.
So let’s get started with the Lobia Recipe, Pakistani Lobia Masala Black Eyed Peas Curry
Lobia Recipe, Pakistani Lobia Masala Black Eyed Peas Curry
- 2 cups black eyed peas / lobia soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 green chili slit
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 to matoes finely chopped
- chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- salt to taste
For the masala spice mix
- 3 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida / hing
- Boil the black eyed peas / lobia in a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions till lightly brown.
- Add the green chili, ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add in the chopped tomato and cook till tender.
- Mix in the boiled lobia, salt and the masala spice mix and stir gently.
- Add a cup of water and cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes and serve the lobia recipe hot garnished with coriander leaves.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appreciate your help.