السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Lauki Curry Recipe – Bottle Gourd Curry – Ghiya Sabzi. A simple and tasty vegetarian gravy recipe which is just perfect to serve with some plain rice. Known by various names like the lauki or ghiya or dudhi among other names, this bottle gourd curry is easy and delicious which will leave you asking for more.
There is no way to make this recipe sound any more simple and delicious than it is. If ever I have to choose to ever make one meal at home, I would choose a curry – preferable a vegetarian curry, with the mix of coconut milk and the tangy tamarind, and finishing it off with coriander leaves all over it. I am pretty sure that this is what I would choose every single time. So wait, is that what this Lauki Curry Recipe -Bottle Gourd Curry – Ghiya Sabzi all about? Hmm… Yes, it is.
And it is so much easier than the other traditional curry recipes. Insanely juicy, and crazily flavor infused Lauki Curry Recipe – Bottle Gourd Curry – Ghiya Sabzi every single time. I don’t generally remove the seeds of the vegetable like others do, I somehow like it when the juicy and tender seeds flavor the tongue in it’s own way. There is always a love hate relationship with the bottle gourd. Either you love it or you don’t. But I certainly hope, in your best interests, that you are among those who love this fantastic vegetable.
Enough of my ramblings and let me just head out to writing down the method for the recipe.
Let’s get started with the Lauki Curry Recipe – Bottle Gourd Curry – Ghiya Sabzi
Lauki Curry Recipe-Bottle Gourd Curry-Ghiya Sabzi
What You Need:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 to mato, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 green chili, slit/hari mirch
- 1 medium sized bottle gourd / lauki / ghiya, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder / haldi
- 2 tsp red chili powder / lal mirch
- salt to taste/namak
- 2 tbsp coconut paste
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 3 tbsp coriander leaver/cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp oil
How To Make:
- In a pan, add oil and fry the onion till translucent.
- Now add the green chili, garlic, tomato, salt, turmeric and cook till the tomato pieces are tender.
- Throw in the diced bottle gourd / lauki, red chili powder and water and cook till it is cooked. (You can alternatively cook it in a pressure cooker to save time. Just 1 or 2 whistles of the pressure cooker will be sufficient to cook the bottle gourd thoroughly)
- Add a cup of water, coconut paste, tamarind paste and coriander leaves, cook on low flame till oil begins to float on top.
- Serve hot with steamed plain rice
For more such curry recipes try
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.