السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Lamb Vindaloo recipe – Mutton Vindaloo recipe. A traditional and tasty Goan recipe made with lamb meat in vinegar and spices.
Lamb Vindaloo recipe-Mutton Vindaloo recipe is pretty simple recipe. Though it might seem to be complex but as you follow the recipe, you will notice how easy it is actually. The dish is bustling with spices and flavor and one of the very distinct feature is the use of vinegar. Where you might have noticed that the other mutton recipes call for the use of yogurt or the tomatoes or even both, the Lamb Vindaloo recipe-Mutton Vindaloo recipe uses the vinegar for the tangy flavor.
As the Portugese ruled our Goa for long enough to influence their cuisine, this Lamb Vindaloo recipe-Mutton Vindaloo recipe has a distinct feature of it. The Vindaloo recipe has to be one of the widely popular Indian dishes in the world. You will find lot of variations of the same across the world’s restaurants.
In my version, I like to soak the spices in vinegar and grinding it into a paste. I simply love the enhanced taste from the soaking and marination. I have used the regular red chili which don’t give a very bright color but are very, very hot. But you can always make it milder to your taste and use Kashmiri mirch. This will help make the curry red and pretty but still not very hot. Or you can use less of the red chili mentioned.
For more such recipes try Aloo Gosht recipe-Aloo Gosht ka salan Mutton Sukka Recipe-Mutton Sukka Varuval Lamb Dhansak Recipe-Mutton Dhansak Curry Mutton Masala Recipe-How to make Mutton Masala Curry
Let’s get started with the Lamb Vindaloo recipe – Mutton Vindaloo recipe
Lamb Vindaloo recipe-Mutton Vindaloo recipe
- 750 gms of lamb cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp haldi / turmeric powder
- 10-12 black pepper corns
- 8 cloves
- 3 green chilies
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1/4 inch ginger finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 10-12 whole dry red chilies
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 2 inch stick cinnamon / dalchini
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 medium sized onions finely sliced
- salt to taste
- Soak the black pepper, cloves, red chili, green chili, cumin seeds, ginger garlic, curry leaves and cinnamon in vinegar for atleast half an hour.
- Grind these soaked spices into a fine paste.
- Apply the paste, turmeric powder and salt to the mutton pieces and marinate for at least 2 hours or over night.
- Cook the marianated mutton in a pressure cooker till done.
- Heat oil in pan and fry the onions till golden brown in color. Pour it over the cooked mutton.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon wedges and serve hot.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
Leave a Reply