السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Lamb Kidney Recipe or the Gurda Masala. A tasty and simple preparation which will make cooking the lamb kidney as simple as a breeze. Follow the tips below for minimal smell and maximum taste.
The spare parts are one of the things that I thoroughly do not enjoy except the liver masala and this lamb kidney recipe. As it is not so easy to find the freshly cut meat, we generally avoid buying them, but when we do find them, then we do not spare a moment for buying.
The best Lamb Kidney Recipe or the Gurda Masala was made by my Ammi, who would make such delicious fry with minimal spices. I have tried umpteen number of times to imitate her recipe even after learning from her. But somehow the taste would be missing that would be so abundantly present in hers. I would mix rice with it and directly eat from the kadai. Ok, that is so lady unlike!! But then that is how I loved it. I can still feel the taste of her dish in my mouth.
For removing the raw smell from the kidneys, add some wheat flour, turmeric powder and vinegar to the kidneys and leave it for couple of minutes. Wash it thoroughly with water and then proceed to cook.
Let’s get started with the Lamb Kidney Recipe or the Gurda Masala
Lamb Kidney Recipe, Gurda Masala
- 250 gms lamb kidneys, cut into small pieces (You can clean the kidneys with wheat flour, turmeric powder and vinegar)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 2 green chili slit in middle
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves / cilantro / hara dhaniya
- Cook the kidneys, green chili, onion, ginger garlic paste and turmeric with a cup of water and cook till water dries up and the onion has totally dissolved like a masala.
- Add oil and fry the kidneys well.
- Next add in the red chili powder, coriander powder and coriander leaves and cook till the raw smell from the powders disappears.
- Remove from fire and serve hot.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such recipes try out the following