السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Kunafa Recipe-Knafeh Recipe with Kataifi- A very popular Arabic/Middle Eastern dessert made with the kataifi dough and milk pudding. Kataifi dough is nothing but the shredded phyllo dough.
The kunafa recipe or the Knafeh recipe is nothing but a delicious dish made with the kataifi and some milk cream. It is baked and condensed milk is poured over it before serving. Traditionally, it is made with the sugar syrup, but I like the taste of condensed milk over the baked kataifi. You can add cheese or cream in place of the milk pudding too for the cheese kunafa.
Staying in Dubai and not getting to love this dessert is just so impossible. You will find this dessert almost everywhere, and it is so hard to resist to try it. And once you try there is no looking back. You would love to know that it is pretty easy to make. The kataifi or the phyllo dough is easily available in the supermarkets. When I first saw the kataifi, I felt it looked like the roomali seviyan that we get back in India which is not roasted. The strands looked pretty much the same, I thought maybe the kataifi is the frozen version of the roomali seviyan. Lol!! I honestly did and am still not sure if it is.
For making the Kunafa recipe or the Knafeh recipe, you have add the cream for the filling, but if you prefer place the cheese in place of milk pudding. Then place the kataifi, spread the cream, place some more kataifi. Bake it till brown. Then pour the condensed milk before serving.
Let’s get started with the Kunafa recipe or the Knafeh Recipe
Kunafa Recipe-Knafeh Recipe with Kataifi
What You Need:
- 1 packet Kataifi/Konafa Dough
- 1 cup butter
- 7 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
How To Make:
- Make a sugar syrup by boiling water and sugar. When the sugar has dissolved, boil for 3 to 4 minutes and switch off the flame and set aside this sugar syrup.
- In a sauce pan, add the cream, milk, 3 tbsp powdered sugar and corn flour. Whisk well to avoid forming any lumps.
- Bring it to a boil and reduce the flame and cook for another five minutes till it becomes thick stirring continuously. Remove from flame and set this aside
- Now work on the kataifi / konafa dough.
- In a large bowl, loosen the kataifi.
- Melt the butter and add this to the kataifi / konafa dough slowly while breaking and separating the strands. Spread the remaining 4 tbsp powdered sugar over the kataifi / konafa and mix thoroughly.
- Place half of the kataifi / konafa in a oven tray and press it firmly.
- Pour and evenly spread the cream over it.
- Now place the remaining kataifi and gently press down and flatten it.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes at 180 C.
- Now pour the sweetened condensed milk on top it.
- Pour the sugar syrup over the kunafa after adding the condensed milk)
- Cut into your desired shape and serve.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.