السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Kothu Parotta recipe will be your best friend when you have some left over parotta from the previous night. If you are in no mood to eat the parotta again, as it tends to become little hard over time, this dish will be the best leftover meal one can whip up with it. An adaption from the Kerala Cuisine again, this Kothu Parotta recipe will leave you asking for more. Though the Kothu Parotta recipe is pretty popular in Tamil Nadu too.
Parotta is a layered flat bread made with maida or the refined flour. Pretty much similar to the lachcha paratha, the only difference being that it is made with maida instead of whole wheat flour. And they are much softer than the lachcha paratha and a good parotta just melts in the mouth. You got to trust me when I say that this has to be the most popular dish from the Kerala region.
With the summer upon us, and we can only anticipate hot, hotter, hottest days ahead, the food will only get stale pretty fast. There are plenty of small restaurants in Dubai that sell parottas for very cheap price. Making the parotta or the paratha is a pretty tedious process if you are new to it. And buying them from the restaurants look like a very good alternative. But there are always some excess parottas left over in my home. And the next day, the parottas turn little bit hard. And the best option looks like to make the Kothu Parotta recipe which is both easy and tasty. Though I should mention here, that nothing comes close to making the homemade parotta at home.
Don’t you all love it when we can whip up something with food that would have, otherwise, gone waste. When we cook the parottas in the masala, if becomes very soft and delicious. But if you feel it is still too hard, just sprinkle some water in minimum amount to soften it.
I remember this Kothu Parotta recipe being served in the restaurants and Abba would simply enjoy it. I wasn’t a very big fan of it, as I was not much into non – veg food before. But now, it is almost like a savior to me. Quick, Easy and Delicious. There is simply nothing not to love about this Kothu Parotta recipe.
Let’s get started with the Kothu Parotta recipe
Kothu Parotta recipe, How to make kothu paratha
- 2 - 3 parottas
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 onions
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 - 3 to matoes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3 - 4 eggs
- 1/4 garam masala powder
- salt to taste.
- coriander leaves / cilantro for garnish
- Break the parottas into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. Wait till they splutter.
- Add the cumin seeds and onion. Fry till the onions turn translucent.
- Mix in the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell vanishes.
- Throw in the tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Toss in the turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix well.
- Add the parotta pieces and cook till the masala is well coated to them.
- Break in the eggs and mix with the parotta masala.
- Add the garam masala powder and salt to taste.
- Fry for couple of more minutes and serve hot garnished with coriander leaves
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such recipes try out the following