A simple yet delicious khichdi recipe.
This is a different kind of khichdi that does not stick together. Made with rice and dal, this is truly a delight that would leave you asking for more.
More rice recipes:
How to make simple and easy khichdi recipe
What You Need:
- 2 cup rice
- 1/2 cup green gram or moong dal
- 2 green chillies
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 3 cardamom
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- handful of mint leaves
- 4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
How To Make:
- Wash the rice and green gram, soak it for at-least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and green chillies, fry until golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for another minute.
- Add the cardamom, cinnamon, bayleaf, cloves.
- Mix in turmeric and pour the water. Add the mint leaves.
- Transfer the rice to rice cooker and cook till done or cook on high heat till the water evaporates. give it a stir and reduce the flame to low. Cover with lid and cook for further 10 minutes.
- Your khichdi is ready. Serve with mint chutney and papad.
- You can also add masoor dal or toor dal.
- Add more water for making it like a porridge consistency.
- You can also add vegetables to it.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)