Mutton Keema paratha recipe is a hit in my home. My kids just love this type of parathas. It is nothing but a simple paratha stuffed with mutton keema and rolled into a disc before shallow frying on a tava.
The stuffed keema paratha is pretty simple to make. You can have it without the need for any side dish to go with it. You can serve it with simple cool curd or mint yogurt chutney and achar. But if you prefer, serve it with dal tadka, Kerala Style Chicken Curry Recipe-Kerala chicken curry with coconut or the Tomato Paneer Recipe-How to make tomato paneer recipe. It’s totally upto you how you would serve this amazing keema paratha recipe
You can always make the mutton keema filling as per your choice or simply follow the instructions below. The keema paratha recipe is typically made with lots of ghee or butter but I have just drizzled some oil. If you prefer, use the ghee or butter. Pack this in the tiffin for your kids to find it finished when they get back home.
You can make the stuffed keema paratha recipe with chicken too, but in this particular recipe I have used the mutton keema of lamb. Chop the onions and green chilli very finely as even a little lump will make the paratha to tear. You can find a similar recipe before in my blog the Aloo Methi Paratha Recipe
Let’s get started with the stuffed mutton keema paratha recipe
First make a keema filling. Heat a pan and add the onions till browned. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the smell evaporates. Now add the keema and thoroughly allow the water to dry up. Now add the spices and cook till done. Allow this keema filling to cool down. Meanwhile make the paratha dough with whole wheat flour, water and oil or ghee. Roll out the dough into a small circle and place the filling in the middle. Fold up the edges like shown in the picture. Again roll out the paratha into a disc and shallow fry on a hot tava. Drizzle with a tsp or two of oil or ghee/butter. Your delicious keema paratha recipe is ready to serve.
Mutton Keema Paratha Recipe
What You Need:
FOR THE DOUGH
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp melted ghee/oil
- salt to taste
FOR THE FILLING
- 250 gms mutton mince/keema
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 1 tbsp green chillies, finely minced or grated
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp chat masala
- coriander leaves/cilantro for garnishing
- oil/ghee/butter for frying
- dry wheat flour for dusting
How To Make:
- First make the keema filling by heating a pan and adding the oil. Once the oil is heated add the cumin seeds and onions and fry till translucent.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell from it evaporates.
- Add the mutton mince/keema and cook till all the water has dried up from the keema. Now add the green chili, red chili powder and chat masala. Mix well. Add a cup of water and cook till the keema is done. Add the coriander leaves/cilantro and allow this keema mixture to cool down.
- Meanwhile prepare the paratha dough.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, ghee/oil and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add sufficient water and knead into a soft dough like you make for a chapati. Add the oil to the dough and gently mix.
How to make mutton keema paratha
- Take a tennis ball size of dough, roll out into a small circle with the help of some dry wheat flour. The middle part should be thicker than the outer part. Place an equal amount of keema filling and bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly like shown in the picture.
- Roll out the filled dough into a paratha while dusting with dry flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava or griddle and fry the paratha using little ghee/oil/butter.
- Serve hot with yogurt, mint chutney, achaar or any dish of your choice.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more similar recipes see Paneer Roll Recipe Aloo Methi Paratha Recipe Homemade Chicken Bread Roll-Braided and Stuffed Chicken Bread Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe