Keema Methi Curry Recipe – Methi keema recipe. A very tasty and simple fenugreek leaves recipes made in mutton mince curry. Keema is an Asian term for the minced meat. It can mean any type of keema, be it lamb, chicken, beef or even vegetable keema. This is just as easy to make as the mutton keema recipe.
Lamb mince is one of those meats that can be a little tricky to cook. Sure, you can toss it in a pressure cooker and cook it that way. But I feel that it just is not the same like when we cook it on slow fire. So if you really want to get the best taste from the mutton mince, you have to cook it slow without the use of the pressure cooker. Yes, I know. This is not like me. Put everything in cooker and get it out as fast as possible. But special dishes call for some time. On second thoughts, it is not so time consuming too as the lamb mince gets cooked pretty fast compared to the other cuts of meat. So yay to me!!!
This Keema Methi Curry Recipe – Methi keema recipe has a great subtlety flavor and is a yummy temptation of mutton and greenies. I hope all of you enjoy this easy and simple recipe as much as I do.
The Methi or the fenugreek leaves give a wonderful aroma and unique taste to compliment the sweetness of the keema or the lamb mince. Fenugreek leaves has a unique bitter under taste that gives this Keema Methi Curry Recipe – Methi keema recipe a different flavour. You can even try making the same dish using the chicken keema.
Try this delicious recipe and enjoy it with chapati, naan or plain white rice. This Keema Methi Curry Recipe – Methi keema recipe could be a good choice for side dish even for kid’s school lunchbox as this goes well with chapati or paratha.
I remove my keema (minces meat) from the refrigerator an hour before I start cooking. If you don’t have minced meat, another great alternative would be to make your own. You can do this by tossing your boneless meat in a food processor and running it until it becomes a coarsely ground consistency. And ta da your keema is ready.
For more similar recipes try
How to make Keema Methi Curry Recipe, Methi keema recipe
Keema Methi Curry Recipe
What You Need:
- 1/2 kg mutton mince (keema)
- 2 onions, finely chopped / pyaz
- 2 whole dry red chili, slit / hari mirch
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste , / adrak lahsun paste
- 2 tomato, finely chopped / tamatar
- 1 tsp red chili powder, / lal mirch
- 1 tsp coriander powder , / dhaniya powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, / haldi powder
- salt to taste, / namak
- 3 tbsp oil , / tel
- 3 - 4 bunches methi leaves, / fenugreek leaves
How To Make:
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions till golden brown
- Add the whole dry red chili and cumin seeds. Stir for 30 secs and add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric and mutton mince. Fry till all the water has dried up and the mince turn golden brown in color.
- Now add the chopped tomato, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt and cook till the tomato is tender.
- Add a cup of water and cook till the keema is half done.
- Mix in methi leaves and cook till the mutton mince or the keema is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve hot with roti, chapati or plain rice
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in December 2015. It has been retested and updated with reader feedback. The recipe has been made printable and checkboxes added for following the steps easily.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.