Keema is used in a wide variety of recipes like keema samosa, keema biryani, keema masala, shami kabab, chapli kabab, the list is simply endless. The keema is nothing but minced meat of chicken or lamb. The minced meat cooks pretty fast and it is a perfect dish when you are in a hurry or there are guests arriving at home at short notice and you don’t have much time to cook elaborate meal. This keema matar recipe is pretty fast to cook yet looks exotic on the table.
The exotic looking keema topped with the lush green peas is really a sight to watch. I love the way the green peas/matar look with any dish. All you need to do is make the keema masala and add some matar to it for an amazing treat. I roll this keema matar with roti and pack it for my kid’s lunch. They simply relish the keema matar recipe with roti. The delicious keema matar recipe which can be served with roti or rice.
Until next time,
Keema Matar Recipe
What You Need:
- 1/2 kg, 1 lb mutton mince (keema)
- 1 cup green peas/matar, shelled
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 green chili, slit
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 to mato, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1 one inch cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom
- 1/2 tsp black cumin seeds/shahi jeera
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
- 3 tbsp chopped mint leaves
How To Make:
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions till translucent.
- Add the slit green chili, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick, cardomom, shahi jeera. Stir for 30secs and add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric and mutton mince. Fry till all the water has dried up and the mince turn golden brown in color.
- Now add the chopped tomato, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt and cook till the tomato is tender.
- Add the green peas/mater and a cup of water. Cook till the keema is done.
- Mix in coriander leaves and mint leaves and serve hot.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you like this recipe.