Keema Bread Roll recipe – How to make Keema Bread Roll – A very yummy and tasty bread roll recipe stuffed with the mince of lamb meat. Simple delicious and great to taste.
My obsession for such recipes is quite fascinating. I simply love such concepts. It is like you can make a whole meal of it and not bother about the side dish. Plus, the kids simply love it and don’t fuss around much when I make such recipes. Well, what else can I ask for!
Much like the Keema Bread Roll recipe, you will find the Homemade Chicken Bread with Cheese-Braided Cheesy Chicken Bread Recipe and Homemade Chicken Bread Roll-Braided and Stuffed Chicken Bread and you can very well understand what I am trying to say.
Making the Keema Bread Roll recipe is a three – step process. First you have to make the filling. Second, you have to make the dough for the bread. And finally, stuff the filling in the rolled out dough and bake it. You don’t have to knead the dough too much like the pizza or other such recipes. All you have to do is just mix and let it rise on it’s own.
The Keema Breaad roll recipe is pretty easy to follow even if the instructions look complicated.
For a more detailed pictorial of how to knead and fold this bread check Homemade Chicken Bread Roll-Braided and Stuffed Chicken Bread
Let’s get started with the Keema Bread Roll recipe
Keema Bread Roll recipe
KEEMA RECIPE FOR THE FILLING
- 1/2 kg mince of lamb meat cleaned and water drained
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 green chili slit in middle
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 to mato finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- coriander leaves/cilantro for garnish
FOR THE DOUGH
- 4 cups plain/all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 egg plus one for glazing
- 1 tsp sugar
- lukewarm water as required
- Heat oil in a tawa/skilet and add the onions and green chili. When the onion is lightly brown, add the ginger garlic paste and fry till all the raw smell has evaporated from it.
- Add tomatoes and cook till tender.
- Now add the mutton mince/keema, red chili powder, garam masala powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Let all the water dry up from the keema. Now add a cup of water and allow the keema to cook. When all the water has dried up, fry well till the keema has browned. Set this aside.
FOR THE DOUGH
- Add half a cup of lukewarm water to the yeast and sugar and leave it to activate for 10 minutes.
- When the yeast has risen, add the all purpose flour, milk powder, salt, egg, oil and sugar. Add more warm water as required to knead it into a soft dough. Cover this dough with a damp cloth with 1 hour. The dough would have risen after an hour.
MAKING THE BREAD
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Divide the dough into three parts.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape.
- Place 1 cup of keema filling in the middle.
- Make slits on either side of the filling as shown in the picture above.
- Now fold one slit over the other alternatively till the end.
- Brush it with egg wash for a more golden color.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and apply butter if you wish. Allow it to rest for couple of minutes before serving.
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in December 2015. It has been retested and updated with reader feedback. The recipe has been made printable and checkboxes added for following the steps easily.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.