السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Kadai Gosht recipe – Kadhai Gosht recipe. A simple and easy mutton curry recipe made with aromatic Indian Spices.
The Kadai Gosht recipe or the Kadhai Gosht recipe is a very simple and tasty mutton curry. And what’s surprising about this Kadhai Gosht or the Kadai Gosht recipe is that it’s really easy to make, unlike other Indian curries, which can take practically hours to finish. This recipe calls for the use of the garam masala powder. Just remember this small little tip, when ever the recipes call for ground spices, you will often get a best result if you grind them yourself just prior to cooking, rather than using store bought spices. The process in itself does not take too much time if you keep your mortar and pestle handy. You do not have to toast them first. It may be that you won’t be able to grind them very finely in the mortar, but the flavors and aroma that comes out of the mortar and pestle will be too good. But if you find it hard to use it, you can always grind it in coffee grinder. The ones I find make the most difference when freshly ground are cumin, coriander, fenugreek, cinnamon and fennel.
I love recipes that pack in serious flavor. With just a few items that you have right in your kitchen, you can treat yourself to your favourite curry in the time it takes to order and wait for one to be delivered. The Kadai Gosht recipe-Kadhai Gosht recipe tastes awesome with anything, be it plain rice, roti, chapati, naan, khichdi or even as a side dish with biryani. You can eat this with anything and everything.
Lets get started with the Kadai Gosht recipe-Kadhai Gosht recipe
Kadai Gosht recipe-Kadhai Gosht recipe
- 500 gms mutton cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 1 whole garlic pod cloves separated and peeled
- 1 1/2 inch ginger peeled
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 1 to mato finely chopped
- 2 green chilies slit in middle
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp crushed red chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Grind together the ginger and garlic into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pressure cooker. Add the onion and cook till golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, green chili, and cook till the raw smell has disappeared from the ginger garlic.
- Now add the tomato and mutton. Cook till all the water has dried up and the mutton pieces are slightly browned.
- Add the garam masala powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, crushed red chili flakes. Stir and add 2 cups of water. Cook till the mutton is done and cooked thoroughly.
- Garnish with corinader leaves and serve hot.
For more mutton recipes try
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.