السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Instant Bread Gulab Jamun Recipe – A very simple and easy to make Gulab Jamun recipe made with bread slices. Nothing can get better than this with using the left over bread.
Bread Gulab Jamun may sound something different new to some but when you run out of gulab jamun mix and have no time to go shopping for it and all that you find in your pantry is some bread with you then help is here. This instant bread gulab jamun recipe can be made very easily and also tastes very rich. It is not necessary that you should use only fresh bread but you can very well use the leftover dried bread too.
You can add khoya or mawa if you have it with you for more rich taste. Or you can even try adding some milk powder for the extra creaminess. I have definitely added the milk powder as I love the taste that comes out with it.
And yes remember to add a pinch of baking soda as that will make your instant bread gulab jamun soft, otherwise the balls would turn out hard. The first time around I did try without the use of the baking soda and oh, I was so disappointed. The recipe I followed didn’t instruct for the milk powder or the baking soda and I was totally disappointed with how my bread gulab jamun turned out.
It was an improvisation of sorts for me ever since I first tried. I added the baking soda the next time and the milk powder after that. I was improvising till I was totally satisfied with how it tasted. I think I can finally say that I am pretty happy with how the instant gulab jamun recipe turns out now.
This is a rich and delicious instant gulan jamun with our humble everyday bread. And is a yummy treat for anyone on any budget. Simply dig in and enjoy the sweetness it has to offer and take things as it comes, even if it be just an instant bread gulab jamun.
For more dessert recipes try Rabri recipe-How to make Rabdi or Rabri Recipe Mango Coconut Burfi Recipe-Bloggers Monthly Fiesta Hyderabadi Bread Halwa Recipe-Bread Sweet Recipe Kunafa Recipe-Knafeh Recipe with Kataifi
Let’s get started with the instant bread gulab jamun recipe
Instant Bread Gulab Jamun Recipe-How to make Gulab Jamun with Bread
- 4 milk bread slices
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- a pinch of baking soda
- 1 tsp clarified butter or ghee
- 1/4 cup milk for soaking the bread
- oil/ghee for frying
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cardamom
- few saffron strands
- Trim the edges from the bread slices on all sides.
- In a bowl, take the milk, soak bread slices one by one and squeeze out the milk completely. Once all the bread slices are soaked in milk and squeezed, knead everything together by adding milk powder and cooking soda.
- Add the ghee and knead again. Rest for 5 mins. Grease your palm with ghee and roll out small balls.
- Once the balls are ready, heat the kadai with oil or ghee. When the oil is hot, lower the flame and fry the balls in batches till you get evenly browned jamuns.
- Make the sugar syrup by boiling sugar with water, remove impurities if any.
- Cook for 5 - 10 mins, till you get a glossy syrup. Add the cardamon and saffron.
- When the balls are fried, put them into the sugar syrup.
- Let it soak for few minutes and then serve.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.