A delicious Indian spiced shredded chicken salad sandwich recipe that your kids will keep asking for more. Pack it while you travel or for their lunch box, this shredded chicken salad sandwich recipe is very filling and nutritious. I love adding some indian touch to the typical chicken salad sandwich and the results are simply amazing. You won’t know what hit you. The delicious chicken cooked with the hot Indian spices and then shredded to fill in the bun or rolls, are just mouth watering.
When I made the Indian Spiced Shredded Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe the first time, it was just an experiment. Sometimes I use this chicken recipe for making fried chicken, I thought I might as well give it a little twist and make it as a chicken salad sandwich. And the results were amazing. Just ground together few spices, add it to the chicken, cook it, shred it and mix in the veggies and sauces of ur choice.. Bingo! You are good to go.. You can even make the chicken ahead of time and freeze it. While making a sandwich, just heat it and add the sauces and make a delicious Indian Spiced Shredded Chicken Salad Sandwich.
More such recipes:
How to make the Indian Shredded chicken Salad Sandwich
Indian Spiced Shredded Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe
What You Need:
- 8 no. bread rolls or buns, sliced in half
- 500 gms boneless chicken
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 whole dried red chili
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 1/4 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 5 tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tsp mustard paste
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 2 tomato, chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped lettuce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- lettuce leaves
- tomatoes, sliced
How To Make:
- Dry grind cumin seeds, red chili, black pepper, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick to a fine powder.
- Apply the ground powder to the chicken along with ginger garlic paste, salt and yogurt.
- Cook till done either on low flame or in a pressure cooker. Once the cooked chicken cools down, shred it with hands.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the shredded chicken for a 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Allow to cool.
- Add the mayonnaise, olive oil, mustard paste, cucumbers, tomatoes and lettuce to the shredded chicken
- Toast the inside of the buns.
- Place a lettuce and add the shredded chicken on bottom halves of buns. Top it couple of sliced tomatoes and top halves of the buns.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in July 2015. It has been retested and updated with reader feedback. The recipe has been made printable and checkboxes added for following the steps easily.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.