Indian Naan Bread Recipe is a delicious naan recipe which is very tasty and simple to make. Once you make this naan recipe, you will never go back to ordering the exorbitantly priced restaurant naans again.
For more similar recipes try the following
The making of this Indian Naan Bread recipe is so simple and easy that even a child can do it. My kids love to get their hand at it. And I get various shapes naans when I make them. Some are circle, some are triangle, some square and some in a shape that I am yet to decipher.
As naan comes in various shapes and not a perfect circle, I let them handle the Indian Naan Bread recipe. Except for the cooking part, of course. It has to be done really fast and the transferring from the tawa to the grill has to be done carefully. As I serve it piping hot. Right from the grill to the plate, I need to work really fast. So the cooking part is left to me and no one is supposed to enter the kitchen except to take their Indian Naan Bread recipe.
Now there are two ways to make this easy Naan. One is where you would cook one side of the naan on a tawa and the other side on the flame directly from the stove. The other method, the one that I use is, where we cook the naan on tawa and cook the other part under a grill in oven. As I have a gas oven, I get flames for grilling. And hence this is just perfectly ideal for me.
You can choose whichever method suits you.
Smear it with some butter on top of the hot Indian Naan Bread recipe to make a tasty Butter Naan. Or simply fry bits of garlic in butter and smear to make the Garlic Naan. The options are just so endless and you can top it with anything that you wish.
So let’s get started with the Indian Naan Bread recipe, How to make Naan Bread
Indian Naan Bread recipe, Quick Naan Recipe
- 2 1/2 cup refined flour / maida
- 1 packet / 7 gms / 2 tsp yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water lukewarm
- 3/4 cup milk lukewarm (or as necessary)
- 2 tbsp yogurt beaten
- 1 egg beaten
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Add sugar and yeast to the lukewarm water and let it sit for 10 minutes to activate. Once the yeast is activated you can proceed with making the dough.
- In a bowl, take the refined flour, salt, yogurt and egg. Give it a mix.
- Add the yeast water and mix again.
- Finally add the lukewarm milk as necessary and knead to make a sticky dough.
- Apply the oil and cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth. Set this aside for 2 - 3 hours till the dough rises to be double in size.
- When the dough has risen, remove the muslin cloth and knead to make a smooth dough.
- Take a ball and roll out a thick disc like chapati. You can make it into any shape that you like.
- Prick the rolled out naan with a fork.
- Heat a tawa and cook till the bottom part is golden brown in color.
- Transfer to a baking pan and cook the top part under a grill. (Alternatively, cook the top on gas flame)
- When the naan turns golden brown in color, remove and apply butter on top.
- Serve naan hot with any curry that you love.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appreciate your help.