السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Indian Ginger Chicken recipe or the Adraki Murgh Salan, made with lots of ginger flavor will be your favorite if you love ginger. The ginger is both added in the form of paste and julienne to give lots of flavor an aroma to the chicken.
I am not sure how the weather will be when this posts gets published. But, today morning, when I woke up, it was such a pleasant climate outside with a steady drizzle of rain from throughout the night. This year had been weird in the sense there were plenty of rainy days, which is just so unusual in this part of the world. Now, that is not something that we are going to complain about and we have been thoroughly enjoying this pleasant change.
And when we have rain, we would naturally incline towards certain dishes or certain ingredients. Isn’t ginger one of the ingredient that we enjoy with rain. Think about adraki chai or the adraki chaas!! Well, I went a step further and wanted to try the Indian Ginger Chicken recipe or the Adraki Murgh Salan. This is my own creation and has nothing to do with the typical indo – chinese dish, ginger chicken that we make otherwise.
This adraki murgh salan has a very strong flavor of ginger and made with entirely aromatic Indian Spices. I love the flavors that are present in our Indian cuisine. No other cuisine can even come close like the way we use our spices. This is just another jewel in our crown which really brings out the flavor to the top.
The aroma, the flavor and the taste of ginger is something we Indians are extremely fond of in our cooking. Ginger is also known for a lot of health benefits. You mus have certainly heard of the adrak wali chai which gets made everyday in some households. And cooking without the ginger garlic paste will be hard to find. It was but natural to incorporate the Indian Ginger Chicken recipe with the most amazing spice that we have.
Let’s get started with the Indian Ginger Chicken recipe or the Adraki Murgh Salan
Indian Ginger Chicken recipe, Adraki Murgh Salan
What You Need:
- 500 gms chicken, boneless or bone in, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp ginger paste, always use the fresh ginger. Peel the ginger and make it into a paste when you are making this dish
- salt to taste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp red chili flakes, even red chili powder will do, but I love the taste of freshly crushed red chili flakes
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger juliennes, cut into into fine pieces or chop it finely. If you keep it thick, the taste will be too over powering in the mouth
How To Make:
- Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger paste, salt, yogurt, red chili flakes, cumin powder and garam masala powder for at least an hour. If possible you can even marinate overnight, but if you are short on time, even an hour will do to get the flavors in the chicken.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions till lightly brown in color. Do not over brown it as it will spoil the taste while frying the ginger.
- Throw in the ginger julienne and fry lightly. Just enough to fry the ginger and do not brown it. Add in the marinated chicken and cook till done with the lid closed on medium flame. Add in water according to your consistency preference. You can add more water for a gravy like consistency or just let the chicken cook on it's own for a dry type of curry. The marinate leaves water on it's own, so you can omit it totally for a drier version. Cook till done and remove from flame.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves and ginger julienne.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such recipes try out the following