Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh
Indian Butter Chicken Recipe, Easy Butter Chicken recipe is a delicious chicken gravy recipe made with butter. The soft and juicy melt in the mouth chicken pieces with spicy gravy are simply amazing.
For more similar recipes try the following dishes
We even get store bought masala for making this Indian Butter Chicken recipe. But I have not used any of it and have pretty much made everything from scratch. Nothing tastes best than an Indian Butter Chicken recipe that is made purely at home.
I would even list the ingredients that we are going to use for the garam masala. The warm aromatic spices will fill your home with beautiful fragrance that will linger on even after you have finished eating the Indian Butter Chicken recipe.
Traditionally we would require a tandoor or grill to first make the chicken pieces. And then add these grilled pieces to the prepared gravy. But I have baked the chicken pieces. You can even fry them if you wish. They taste awesome any which way.
We first marinate the chicken pieces in homemade spices and yogurt. Then we would bake them till just done. As we would again cook them in the gravy, make sure you do not overcook them. Then we start working on the butter chicken gravy and drop these baked chicken pieces. Finally we can top it with some cream for that perfect finish.
Butter is a very integral part of the Indian cuisine. We would even top the clarified butter on rice and relish it. And drop some butter on roti or naan for that perfect finish. Most of the non veg dishes are made with either butter or ghee in some home even today.
Use the boneless thigh pieces for making this Indian Butter Chicken recipe for best results. But if you like the breast pieces then you can very well use them. I make with mix of both as my hubby dearest likes the thigh pieces. And my kids like the chicken breast part. So I just mix both and make it.
You can serve it as a side dish with any type of rice variety. Or serve it with nan or any kind of Indian bread. I love it especially with the Garlic Naan. That is the best combination for me.
Let’s get started with the Indian Butter Chicken recipe
Indian Butter Chicken Recipe, Easy Butter Chicken recipe
What You Need:
- 500 gms boneless chicken pieces
Dry roast and powder the following ingredients
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 whole dry red chilli
- 2 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
For the marinade
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- juice of 2 lemon
For the gravy
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 onions
- 2 green chilli, slit in the middle
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
How To Make:
- Marinate the chicken pieces with half of the powdered spices, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, salt, butter and lemon overnight or at least for 2 hours.
- Pre heat the oven to 220 C and bake the chicken for 30 minutes or till just done. (Remember the chicken pieces will again get cooked in the gravy) (Every oven and the settings are different, so use your best judgement when it comes to the temperature setting and the timing)
- Do not discard any liquid from the baked chicken.
- Heat oil in a pan for gravy. Add onion and fry till golden brown in color.
- Add the green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell vanishes from the ginger garlic paste.
- Add the red chilli powder, tomato puree, and the remaining half of the powdered spices. Cook for couple of minutes and remove from flame. Blend this in a mixer or hand blender to make a paste.
- Transfer again to pan and add the baked chicken. Stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. By now the butter starts separating from it.
- Add the cream and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with nan or roti.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com. Appreciate your help.