Green Bean Salad with Feta Cheese is a super easy salad recipe that you can make the preparations a day ahead. Blanch the green beans a day before and top it with the dressing of your choice. Sprinkle some feta cheese on top, just before serving, for a yummy, filling, healthy meal.
Yes, you read that right! You can actually prepare this ahead because the green beans can be blanched the night before then stored in the fridge overnight.
I have very lightly sauteed it in olive oil, but you can just pile up the beans when ready to eat and serve.
Add the nutty peanuts and crumbled over the feta. And, Bingo!! What a lovely looking meal and which is just ready within minutes. This might not be the most favorite salad around but it scores a century in the flavor department and takes the humble green beans to a whole new level!
You can even saute it in butter and garlic. The whole house gets engulfed in the aroma of it that all your senses will be activated while making it.
Let’s get started with the Green Bean Salad With Feta Cheese Recipe
Green Bean Salad with Feta Cheese
What You Need:
- 1 lb green beans trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 2 tbsp peanuts
How To Make:
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to boil.
- Trim the edges of the beans. Place the beans in the boiling water. When the water comes back to the boil, leave the beans to simmer for 30 seconds. Remove from the boiling water and run the beans under cold water.
- Heat oil in a pan and lightly saute the peanuts and beans for a minute.
- Add salt and crushed black pepper and toss well till it is thoroughly mixed.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese over the beans before serving.
Until Next Time,