Garlic Lemon Chicken Recipe in Indian Style or the Lehsuni Nimbu Murgh is a scrumptious chicken dish.
For similar recipes try the following
This recipe is so delicious that you will surely try it with other ingredients too. Once you taste it, there is no looking back. I have even added the video recipe below. Do check it out, I am sure you will be tempted to try the dish asap.
The garlic lemon chicken recipe is so easy and yet to amazingly delicious. This can be a perfect dish for the party table. We add lot of garlic and lots of lemon. Both the ingredients totally elevate the taste of this lehsuni nimbu murgh.
This recipe was given to me by my aunt and I must really thank her for that. She had mentioned that it stays good for a week in the refrigerator. Though I am not sure of it, as everything was wiped off within a day. I couldn’t really check if it does stay good for that time.
Do watch out for the space here as I am going to try the same with mutton too. I am sure it would taste awesome with the mutton.
Try to use fresh garlic and fresh lemon juice. As the ready made garlic paste and the lemon juice comes along with preservatives, the taste would slightly vary. The freshly ground garlic would fill your home with amazing aroma.
The garlic lemon chicken recipe could be served along with rice or roti. As we have a good amount of curry in it, it tastes awesome with both. I have served it along with khichdi recipe. But you can even serve it along with some plain rice and dal.
So let’s get started with the Garlic Lemon Chicken Recipe, Indian Style Lehsuni Nimbu Murgh
Garlic Lemon Chicken Recipe, Indian Style Lehsuni Nimbu Murgh
For The Marination
- 1 kg chicken cut into small pieces
- salt to taste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice approximately 10 to 15 lemons depending upon the size
- 2 heaped tbsp ginger garlic paste
For The Spice Mix
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds methi dana
- 1 tsp fennnel seeds saunf
- 2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1 tsp black pepper corns kali mirch
For The Lemon Chicken Curry
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- handful of curry leaves
- 5 to 10 whole dry red chili depending upon your spice preference
- 1/2 cup garlic paste I used about 15 whole pods of small garlic
- 1 tsp red chili powder or more according to your choice.
- In a bowl, add the chicken, salt, yogurt, lemon juice and ginger garlic paste. Mix well and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or for best results overnight.
- Take out the marinated chicken and cook till all the water is dried up. By the time the water is dried up, the chicken would have been cooked.
- While the chicken gets cooked, get the other ingredients ready.
- In a kadai, take the mustard seed, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and black pepper corns. Roast lightly till a nice aroma emanates and allow it to cool. Dry grind to make a fine powder. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. When they start spluttering add the curry leaves and whole dry red chili.
- Next add in the garlic paste and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in the ground spice powder and red chili powder. Fry for another 3 to 4 minutes till all the raw smell has vanished from it.
- Next throw in the cooked chicken. Mix well and cook on low flame till oil starts floating on top.
- Your delicious garlic lemon chicken recipe is ready to serve.
Check out the video recipe below and do not forget to subscribe to my channel.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com. Appreciate your help.