Garlic Chicken recipe – A delicious Indo – Chinese Chicken gravy that is truly delicious when served with the fried rice. With the amazing flavors of fresh garlic, this is one recipe that you should certainly try.
You will find a lot of restaurants selling this garlic chicken recipe. I am truly amazed at the kind of interpretation that every restaurant serves. They are really varied and all over. I have even had a kind of chicken tikka masala in the name of garlic chicken. The only difference was that I could feel the garlicky flavor in the curry.
You can make this Garlic Chicken recipe, Chinese Style with any cut of the boneless chicken. I prefer to use the chicken breast piece as that is what my kids prefer. But it tastes best with the boneless chicken thigh pieces. So it is all about your family’s preference.
In this Garlic Chicken recipe, Chinese style you will find a strong garlicky flavor. It will be strong enough to have a good flavor and yet not so overpowering to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
The simple trick to achieve this amazing flavor is to fry the minced garlic well. The frying takes away the raw smell from it and leaves it with a pleasant aroma and taste.
I absolutely enjoy this Garlic Chicken recipe, Chinese style with some simple veg fried rice. Nothing can taste better with the fried rice than this amazing dish.
Try this simple and tasty dish and never go back to ordering the Chinese food from outside again. You will realize how easy it is to make the chinese style food at home. All you have to do is gather the necessary ingredients at home, like the corn flour, soy garlic, chilli sauce. I am sure they are easily available wherever you live. And there is no stopping you from whipping up some delicious Garlic Chicken Recipe.
So let us get started with the Garlic Chicken recipe, Chinese Style, How to make Garlic Chicken
Garlic Chicken recipe, Chinese Style, How to make Garlic Chicken
For Frying the Chicken
- 500 gms boneless chicken pieces cubed
- 1.5 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- juice of 1 medium sized lemon
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 5 tbsp oil
For the Gravy
- 2 - 3 pods of garlic about half a cup Finely chopped
- 2 - 3 stalks of spring onion white and green part separated and chopped
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 2 green capsicum diced
- 1 carrot cut into small strips
- Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger garlic paste, salt and lemon for at least half an hour.
- Just before frying, add the all purpose flour and corn flour and toss well to coat the chicken pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry the chicken pieces till golden brown in color. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
For the gravy
- In the same kadai, remove the remaining oil except 1 tbsp.
- In this 1 tbsp oil, add the chopped garlic and white part of the spring onion.
- Fry till the garlic is golden brown in color.
- Add the chilli sauce, soy sauce, ketchup. Fry for a minute.
- Dissolve a cup of water in the corn flour and add this to the cooked garlic.
- At this stage add in the required amount of water according to your desired consistency.
- Bring this sauce to a boil and let it simmer till it slightly thickens.
- Next throw in the capsicum, carrot and cooked chicken. Cook for a minute and sprinkle the green spring onion.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with fried rice.
- First marinate the chicken with salt, ginger garlic paste and lemon juice for at least half an hour.
- Just before frying, add the all purpose flour and corn flour. Toss to coat.
- Fry the coated chicken pieces in oil till golden brown.
*Remove all the oil from the kadai except 1 tbsp, add the chopped garlic and the white part of the spring onion. Fry till the garlic is golden brown in color. Add the red chilli sauce, ketchup and soya sauce.Fry for a minute.
Add corn flour mixed with water. Add the required amount of water. Bring it to a boil
Add the capsicum, carrot, and the fried chicken. Cook for a minute. Sprinkle the spring onions and serve hot with fried rice.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appreciate your help.