Fried Mutton Chops or the spicy mutton chops fry recipe is a great starter recipe. You can even serve this as a side dish to any meal.
For more similar recipes
Mutton chops are nothing but the rib portion of the lamb, sheep or goat meat. They are really a very good cut of the meat. Soft and tender mutton that sticks to the bone is a pure joy. Though most of the times I keep the bone intact I sometimes remove the bones from it too. For that I take two bones together and remove the meat from it. That way I get a good cut of meat.
The fried mutton chops are first cooked with spices and later fried in oil till crispy. I have used the hara masala for making this fried mutton chops recipe.
The addition of coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilli, garlic and other ingredients take this simple fry to altogether another level.
I have cooked the mutton chops for 30 minutes. For me it was the optimum time. But if you feel that you can tenderize the mutton for lesser or more time then please do so. Every quality of meat is different, and hence the cooking time will vary accordingly.
So let’s get started with the Fried Mutton Chops Recipe, Spicy Mutton Chops Fry
Fried Mutton Chops Recipe, Spicy Mutton Chops Fry
What You Need:
- 1 kg mutton chops
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 3 to 4 green chilli
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 7 to 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp black pepper corns
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- oil for frying
How To Make:
- Grind together coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilli, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, black pepper, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom to make a fine paste.
- Add the ground paste to the mutton chops along with salt and coriander powder.
- Add a cup of water and cook for about 30 minutes or till the mutton has tenderized and the water has dried up. Every variety of meat is different, hence the cooking time will vary. We do not want to cook the meat fully as we have to again fry it. Just cook enough where the meat is just done.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Take the bread crumbs and all purpose flour in a plate and mix together.
- Coat the cooked mutton chops with the bread crumbs and fry in hot oil till golden brown.
Check out the video recipe below for the fried mutton chops recipe
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appreciate your help.