السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Fish Tikka Masala Recipe in oven is a very tasty and simple fish curry recipe. You can make this amazing tikka masala curry in an oven or you are short on time, just make it fast by cooking over the stove top. You will the directions for both in the recipe below.
I saw this Fish Tikka Masala recipe in a Pakistani Cooking Show in the channel ARY Digital many, many years ago. I have since forgotten the name of the show, which was something like, if I remember right, Good Morning ARY.. or something like that. I remember being so enamored by the sheer simplicity of the recipe that I quickly took it down in my notebook. And soon thereafter tried it out much to my delight as the taste was oh, so more awesome than what I had actually expected.
Though I love to bake this, you can just as easily make it on the stove too – and it’s faster. I’ve provided directions for both methods in the instructions. Many a times I try making it in stove top too when I am in a hurry. But, trust me, it taste so much better when you bake this fish tikka masala recipe. You can try this with any kind of fish. Just de-bone the fish and make it into cubes. I usually prefer it with either the Kish Fish or the Salmon. I have become so accustomed to using these fishes that I haven’t gotten around to try any other kind. I am sure, it will taste awesome with any kind. But the only tough part is to find a big enough fish without bones which will suit this fish tikkka masala recipe.
For the sheer difference that I generally like to add to my recipes, I love to add the dried herbs like oregano and thyme to this Fish Tikka Masala recipe. Though, traditional tikka recipes, won’t call for these, I love the flavor that emanates from them. Just remember to saute the dried herbs with the onion. This is an awesome tip for extra flavor! While it sautes, you can smell the fragrance that it releases that is so much better than throwing in herbs at the end of the cooking process.
The perfection of the tikka masala comes from its combination of spices and pureed tomatoes. I have omitted the cream which is generally present in most of the tikka masalas, feel free to add it towards the end if you want a really, authentic finish to it.
Let’s get started with the Fish Tikka Masala Recipe, How to make fish tikka in oven
Fish Tikka Masala Recipe, How to make fish tikka in oven
What You Need:
- 1 kg boneless fish, (cut into cubes)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder, This is a type of red pepper which is not very hot but gives a beautiful red color. But you can also use cayenne pepper if you can’t find it
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- For the masala
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp oregano, optional
- 1/2 tsp thyme, optional
- 4 diced tomatoes puree
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tsp powdered black pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp powdered fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
How To Make:
- Mix the red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, garam masala, salt into the mixture of yogurt and lemon juice to prepare a marinade.
- Add fish pieces into the marinade. Mix everything well. Cover the bowl and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Thread the fish pieces onto the skewers.
- Grill the skewered chicken until done or bake it in a pre heated oven for 15-20 minutes at 200 C.
- Next we start preparing the tikka masala. Heat oil in a thick bottom pan.
- Fry onions, oregano, thyme till translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell from it disappears.
- Next throw in the coriander powder, fennel, black pepper powder and garam masala.
- Add tomato puree and let it simmer for about 10 minutes until the masala starts reducing and the excess water evaporates. Don't forget to gently stir occasionally.
- Add cooked fish pieces and mix it all together gently and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve hot with naan, roti, or any type of rice.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such recipes try out the following