السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Fish Methi Masala Recipe – Methi Machi recipe. A tasty and healthy fish curry recipe made with the awesome fenugreek leaves which give out a very unique flavor.
The popularity of the Fenugreek in India or elsewhere is not just for the numerous medicinal properties it has to offer. The methi / fenugreek seeds and the fenugreek leaves are subtly bitter but offer a very strong unique and distinctive flavor to any recipe they are added to. The seeds and the leaves are used in a variety of dishes, ranging from bread, side dishes, lentils, paneer, chicken, meat or as a simple herb for grilling. Little bitter and aromatic methi leaves are usually balanced with dahi, milk or malai in different dishes. Fish Methi Masala Recipe – Methi Machi recipe is a good example to show how this little bitter leaves have been used to accentuate the taste of the delicious fish.
Keep two things in mind while using fresh fenugreek leaves / methi saak, use the freshest leaves possible and use only the leaves. Adding the stems will turn the dish bitter. It would be best if you could grow it in your garden or a balcony pot. It doesn’t take much effort to grow this methi leaves. Or if you can find it easily in the market, try to get the 2 leaves methi / fenugreek.
For the Fish Methi Masala Recipe – Methi Machi recipe I have used the Black Pomfret but feel free to use it with any kind of fish. As this black pomfret was very fresh in the market, I just bought that along with the methi. You can very well substitute with any kind of fish that you prefer.
Let’s get started with the Fish Methi Masala Recipe – Methi Machi recipe
Fish Methi Masala Recipe-Methi Machi recipe
- 500 gms fish cut into slices or pieces (You can choose any variety of fish that you prefer.)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 medium sized onions finely sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp ginger finely minced
- 1 tbsp garlic finely minced
- 2 to matoes finely chopped
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp green chillies chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- Apply little salt and turmeric powder to the fish.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry the fish till golden brown. Place the fish on a paper towel and set aside.
- In the same oil, fry the onion till golden brown. Next add in the green chili, ginger garlic paste and tomatoes. Cook till the tomatoes are mushy.
- Next add in the turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt and garam masala powder.
- Throw in the methi / fenugreek leaves and cook till the leaves change it's color.
- Add in a cup of water and cook for a minute. Now add the fried fish. and cook till all the masala is coated to the fish.
- Serve hot.
For more such recipes, try out the following
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.