السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Fish Fry Masala recipe is a very simple and easy way to make fish. Tasty and delicious yet quick to gather ingredients and process. You will never get back to making the fish any other way.
The Fish Fry Masala recipe is made with aromatic Indian spices and deep fried. You can serve this as a side dish with some steamed plain rice and dal or it goes very well with plain rice and rasam recipe. All you have to do is just mix all the masalas and fry the fish till the type of crispness you like. I don’t like the fish to be too crispy but my hubby dearest loves the fish to be really, really crisp. So I just remove mine from the pan some time before it gets over cooked and like it when it is still juicy and tender. Drizzle some lemon juice and serve it along with raw onions. You can even serve it with some fresh salad and that’s it, you are good to go for a wholesome and healthy meal.
You can make this fish fry masala recipe with any type of fish variety but I have used the King Fish variety this time, but I make this any kind of fish that I buy fresh from the market. The masala will remain the same. I love the fact that we do not have to marinate this fish fry masala recipe and that is what makes this an amazing weekday meal. Whether you are picking them fresh from the market or cooking up your very own catch, making this fish fry masala recipe is a recipe which even the most beginners to cooking will excel at.
Remember to freshly ground spices rather than using the store bought ones for best results. But if you are really, really short on time, then you can very well use the store bought spices, but the taste would certainly vary a little bit.
Let’s get started with the Fish Fry Masala recipe, Fish Masala Fry
Fish Fry Masala recipe, Fish Masala Fry
What You Need:
- 500 gms fish fillets / slices, (I have used King Fish, you can use any variety)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder / haldi
- 5 - 6 whole dry red chili / lal mirch
- 1 tsp black pepper / hari mirch
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds / sabut dhaniya
- 4 - 5 cloves of garlic / lehsun
- 1 tsp fennel seeds / saunf
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp gram flour / besan
- 3 - 4 tbsp oil
How To Make:
- Lightly roast whole dry red chili, black pepper, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds. Allow them to cool and grind them along with onion and garlic. (Alternatively, you can dry the spices in a coffee grinder and grind the onion and garlic separately and mix both of them together.)
- Add salt, turmeric powder and gram flour and mix with the ground masala. Apply this mixture to the fish slices.
- Heat a non stick pan and add oil.
- Fry the fish slices to your desired crispiness.
- Your delicious fish fry masala recipe is ready to serve garnished with lemon wedges, coriander leaves and raw onion.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more seafood recipes try the following recipes