Farrouj Meshwi recipe-An Arabic garlic chicken recipe mainly from Lebanon cuisine. Another recipe from the Middle Eastern Cuisine. This is an excellent chicken dish from Lebanon, especially if you’re a garlic lover. It’s easy to make and uses all healthy ingredients.
You can use any kind of pieces for this Farrouk Meshwi recipe but I have used the boneless chicken breasts as that is preferred type of meat for my kids. This succulent chicken dish is often barbecued over charcoal for extra smokiness. But if you want you can even bake it. With the lemony flavor of sumac, it’s the marinade that makes this Lebanese dish such a crowd-pleaser.
If you like garlic then you will probably love this farrouj meshwi chicken! This is a really simple way to cook chicken but it’s really flavorsome & the chicken is simply moist and delicious
Let’s get started with the farrouj meshwi recipe-lebanese grilled garlic chicken
Farrouj Meshwi Recipe-Lebanese Grilled Garlic Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon freshly squeezed juice
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Take each piece of chicken breasts and make several cuts through each piece so that marinade can be completely absorbed.
- Using a food processor or mixer, grind the garlic into a fine paste.
- Add lemon, salt and olive oil and mix thoroughly until creamy.
- Put chicken and garlic mixture in the large ziploc bag and mix to fully cover the chicken with the mixture.
- Marinate for 3 hours or more in the refrigerator.
- Grill chicken over a medium flame and cook until done – when juices run clear (about 10-15 minutes on each side)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in November 2015. It has been retested and updated with reader feedback. The recipe has been made printable and checkboxes added for following the steps easily.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.