السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Eggless Fruit and Nut Chocolate Muffins. Yes, you heard that right, chocolate muffins, that too, egg-less, and with lots of fruits and nuts of your choice. Can muffins get any better than this. Add in the dried fruits and nuts of your choice, dates, apricot, figs, pistachio, walnut, almond or cashew. Let your imagination run wild and make the muffins a work of art!!
When I shared the whole wheat muffins last week, I was totally surprised that I didn’t share my favorite eggless fruit and nut chocolate muffins till now. This is the batter that I use for a variety of cakes. I always use this as a base for the chocolate cake more than the version with the egg. I love how easy it is to make and how it never fails me. Follow the instructions to the “T”, and, in sha ALLAH, you will never fail with this cake
I have added dates and dried apricots for dried fruits, and walnut and almonds for nuts. You can add in any dried fruits and nuts of your choice. I add whatever is available in my pantry at the time of making the muffins. I, even, add chocolate chips sometimes and at other times a dash of nutella. Yummy…
Let’s get started with the Eggless Fruit and Nut Chocolate Muffins
Eggless Fruit and Nut Chocolate Muffins
What You Need:
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour / maida
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup / 5tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup chopped fruits of your choice, I have added dried apricot and dates
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, I have used almonds and walnuts
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Grease muffin tray or line them with paper cups.
- Sift through, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add in the sugar.
- Mix lemon juice, vanilla essence with water.
- Add this water to the sifted flour and mix with a whisk.
- Next add the butter and fold in gently.
- Toss in the fruits and nuts and mix gently till combined.
- Pour the batter to the muffin tray till it is 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean. (Every oven is different, and your baking time might vary from mine)
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such recipes try out the following