Egg Korma Recipe – How to make egg kurma. The easiest korma recipe ever available, made with the most basic ingredients available right in your kitchen.
Can making Korma get any easier than this!! I don’t think so. The Egg Korma recipe is one of the simplest recipes that I make. Simple yet elegant, and with an elegant name. Egg Korma Recipe!
When you visualize anything that has a name “Korma”, you would imagine that it is something which would take a lot of time and a lot of ingredients. But this dish isn’t one of those. You would need to gather the most basic ingredients which you would find right in your kitchen. And the process of making is pretty basic and simple too.
Is a Kurma a Korma?
Haha, this one question totally blew away my mind. I had never thought about it ever. So if you are wondering the same, here is the answer. Yes, a kurma is a korma. The difference is only in the spelling of the word.
There are many many variations of making a korma. The taste and the flavor vary with the cooking technique and the ingredients that are used in the korma.
In the North Indian and Mughlai cuisine generally, yogurt and cream are added. Whereas in the South Indian cuisine, coconut is a major ingredient. I simply love every aspect of our Indian cuisine.
There are so many to a single recipe that I get lost in the culinary world and wonder which variation would taste best. So do not be surprised if you find another egg korma recipe on my blog in future. The options are just so limitless with the Indian cuisine.
Can you make homemade korma as good as a restaurant?
You can make any restaurant style korma right at home without much hassle. Nothing can beat the taste of homemade food and you can always control the ingredients that go into it. And not forgetting the hygiene aspect of it as all.
You can mix it with rice or serve with any kind of Indian breads like the nan, chapati, roti. It tastes even good with the appam and idiyappam.
And who can deny the benefits of eggs. Apart from it’s wonderful taste, the egg is loaded with a lot of health benefits.
Some of the health benefits of eggs are:
- It is a rich source of protein.
- Eggs are rich in Omega-3.
- They are a good source of energy.
- Promotes healthy hair and nail growth.
- Eggs are generally cheap and easy to cook.
- If taken suitably, eggs can help in weight loss.
Now let’s just see the step by step process of making the egg korma recipe.
- Start by adding spices to the hot oil
2. Add in the chopped onions to the spices in the hot oil
3. Add the ginger garlic paste, once the onions are browned.
4. Add the powdered spices, tomatoes and yogurt.
5. Once the tomato is cooked, add the boiled eggs and coriander leaves.
6. Cook for a couple of minutes before serving hot.
Let’s get started with the Egg Korma Recipe
Egg Korma Recipe-How to make egg kurma
- 6 boiled eggs shelled
- 4 tbsp oil / ghee
- 2 green chili slit
- 3 onions finely sliced
- 3 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 to matoes finely chopped
- 11/2 cup yogurt beaten
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 2 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 4 tbsp coriander leaves/cilantro finely chopped
- Heat oil/ghee in a large pan and add the bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon sticks, cardamom and green chili and fry for 30 secs
- Add onions and fry till golden brown. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for another 30 secs.
- Stir in the red chili powder, coriander powder, salt, tomato and yogurt. Cook till the tomato has cooked and oil start leaving the sides of the pan.
- Mix in the coriander leaves/cilantro and egg and cook for couple of minutes. Switch off the flame
- Serve hot.
For more egg recipes try Anda Biryani Recipe
Easy & Quick Egg Masala Dry recipe
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post
This recipe was originally published in September 2017. It has been retested and updated with reader feedback. New step by step photos have been added and the recipe has been made printable in September of 2018.
Love all your recipes Fareeha!
I made several from your blog but I am commenting for the first time.
You are a star!!
Fa's Kitchen says
Thank you so much for the feedback, Sabeena. Your comment made my week!