Egg Fried Rice recipe is another Indo – Chinese recipe. A very simple and yet delicious rice recipe which can be made with ease and with whatever veggies you have at home.
As I have been posting the Indo-Chinese recipes lately, I thought it is only fitting that the egg fried rice recipe too should make the list. Serve it with the veg manchurian or the chicken manchurian, it’s your choice how you would like to relish this simple yet delicious recipe.
I mix in whatever veggies that are available in the fridge in my home. You can add in your favorite vegetables too for this egg fried rice recipe.
It is fairly simple to make this egg fried rice recipe. If you do not have the light soy sauce, you can make it with the regular one.
One of the main tip for cooking the perfect egg fried rice is to use the cold rice.
Do not cook the rice in the rice cooker. Cook the rice in a vessel and drain out the boiling water after cooking. Then pass this rice through cold water. Refridgerate for sometime cooking. This will give you best results.
If you are short on time, just keep the rice in the freezer for sometime before starting to cook. This is what I do when I am short on time.
Not only for making this egg fried rice recipe, but this way of cooking the rice is perfect for any kind of fried rice.
You can even make this rice with the leftover rice from the previous night. It will just be perfect to pack for your kid’s lunch box. Pack it in a tiffin for office too. Making a meal cannot get any easier than this.
Lets get started with the easy egg fried rice recipe, how to make egg fried rice recipe
Egg Fried rice recipe-How to make simple egg fried rice recipe
What You Need:
- 2 cups cooked rice, cold (Cold rice is not so sticky)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 stalk spring onion
- 1 cup carrot, beans, capsicum, finely cut
- 2 tbsp peas
How To Make:
- Break up the lumps in the cooked rice (the goal is to try to separate cooked rice into individual grains).
- Add 2 tbsp of oil to a wok and fry the egg. Scramble the eggs and remove the egg from the wok and set aside.
- Now add another 1 tbsp of oil and add in the rice.
- Add the chopped vegetables and the spring onion.
- Toss and turn the rice very quickly for about ten seconds with spatula.
- Add the salt, light soy sauce and mix well.
- Toss and turn the rice very quickly for about about 30 seconds.
- Finally add another tbsp of oil and toss for a further 10 seconds. Egg fried rice is ready to serve
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more similar recipes see Chicken Manchurian Gravy, How to make Chicken Manchurian Recipe-Gravy Veg Fried Rice Recipe-Vegetarian Fried Rice Recipe Easy CHICKEN FRIED RICE recipe Crispy Chilli Paneer Dry Recipe Veg Manchurian Recipe-How to make Vegetable Manchurian Recipe