Egg Bhurji recipe or the Anda bhurji recipe needs no introduction. A protein-rich food, you can relish the egg bhurji at breakfast, lunch or dinner. A personal favorite among all the eggetarians just like chettinad egg curry.
How to serve
Serve it with roti or even as a side dish with rice and dal. The egg Bhurji recipe or the anda bhurji recipe just tastes awesome with anything and everything.
You can simply wrap it up in a roti and make it a roll and take it on the go when you head out. Or simply serve it as a breakfast roll.
You can also mix it with rice and serve it as an awesome egg rice.
What is egg bhurji
Egg Bhurji recipe or the Anda bhurji is well-cooked, liberally spiced, and dare I say, well-oiled. It’s Western and European cousin, the scrambled eggs are slightly moist and very lightly seasoned. It is nothing but spicy scrambled egg with spices.
Egg Bhurji Recipe
- is high in protein.
- helps built muscle mass.
- contains all essential amino acids
- helps you stay full for longer time.
- is a complete meal in itself.
- can be served as a side dish.
- easy and quick to make.
- tastes yummy.
Do you need more reasons to make the anda bhurji? Ok, here we go, one more reason to add is
It doesn’t take long to cook this anda bhurji. One of the quickest dishes, this will become a regular recipe in your kitchen once you try it. It takes less than 20 minutes to cook egg bhurji from start to finish.
Another variation of the anda bhurji
The below recipe I have made without the use of tomato. But you can also make it with tomatoes if you prefer. You can check out my Dhaba Style for the same.
You can also beat the eggs before adding them to the masala. I prefer to add whole as that gives out a very good flavor of both the egg white and yolk separately.
Step by Step pictorial
- Heat oil and add onion and green chili. Fry till onion turns translucent.
- Next, add in the ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell vanishes from it. Throw in the salt and spices. Mix well.
- Add eggs and little water if necessary. DO NOT BREAK THE EGGS AT THIS POINT.
- Allow the eggs to cook and once done, scramble it.
- Add garam masala powder and coriander leaves and stir well. Serve hot.
Let’s get started with the Egg Bhurji Recipe, Anda Bhurji recipe
Egg Bhurji Recipe, Anda Bhurji
Watch the Video
What You Need:
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chili, slit
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves,, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
How To Make:
- Heat oil in a pan and add green chili and onion and fry until onion browns.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir till the raw smell from it vanishes.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, salt and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add eggs and little water, if necessary and allow it to cook on slow flame. Do not stir at this point as the raw smell of the egg might overpower the dish.
- Increase the flame and stir to break the egg mixture. Scramble it finely.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Stir well.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot as it is or with roti.
- You can make this recipe with tomatoes as well.
- Add or reduce oil as per your dietary preference.
- You can also whisk the eggs before adding them to the masala.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in March 2015. New Image, Step by step photos and video have been added. The recipe has been made printable in October 2018. No changes have been made to the recipe though.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.