السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Easy Vegetable Biryani Recipe in Pressure Cooker – Simple, Easy, Quick and Delicious. Need I say more for this awesome vegetable biryani recipe. A perfect whole some meal when you are short on time made with a variety of vegetables.
This dish is a one dish wonder. It is pretty easy to make and turns out absolutely fantastic that you will be amazed at the flavor and taste that it gives out. And yet so quick and simple that it will be cooked before you realize it. This is a perfect dish to put together when you have sudden guests at home or when you are in a hurry and want to put together a meal in a jiffy. The Easy Vegetable Biryani Recipe in Pressure Cooker is a perfect dish for any occasion.
You can use any kind of vegetables that you like or whatever is available at home with you. The amount of water that you use to cook the Easy Vegetable Biryani Recipe in Pressure Cooker would depend upon the type and quality of the rice that you use. You can make this with the Basmati rice or the raw ponni rice or the jeera kasala too. It’s totally your preference how you use it.
Let’s get started with the Easy Vegetable Biryani Recipe in Pressure Cooker
Easy Vegetable Biryani Recipe in Pressure Cooker
- 1 kg rice soaked for an hour
- 4 onions finely sliced
- 2 to matoes chopped
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 3 potatoes cubed
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 cup beans cut into 1 inch sticks
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 beetroot diced
- bunch of coriander leaves
- bunch of mint leaves
- 4 tablespoon oil or ghee
- salt to taste
- Heat oil or ghee in a pressure cooker and fry the green chili and onions till golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears from it. Now add the coriander powder, chili powder, garam masala powder, salt and tomato. Cook for couple of minutes and add the yogurt.
- Add all the vegetables potatoes, carrot, beans, peas, beetroot, and add the rice and water. For 1 cup of rice, you will have to add 2 cups of water. This will depend upon the quality and type of rice. I have used the raw ponni rice and hence I have added 2 cups of water for every 1 cup of rice.
- Add the mint and coriander leaves and give it a stir. Bring it to a boil and close the lid and cook for 1 whistle. Now reduce the flame after first whistle and simmer for 15 minutes. Switch off the flame and allow the steam to escape on its own.
- Open the lid and fluff up the rice gently. Serve hot wih raita.
For more similar recipes try
Aloo Ki Tahari-Vegetable Tahari recipe
Keema Matar with Corn Pulao
Tawa Pulao Recipe-How to make Tawa Pulao
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
Hiba abbas says
Hi fareeha ,dear.
Your vegetable biryani looks yummy . .
I have just posted one .
Cute serving bowl.
Fa's Kitchen says
Thanks … That’s super cool. I am heading straight to check it out.. 🙂
This is a much needed recipe for me. Thanks for sharing
Fa's Kitchen says
Thank you so much KK