السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Indian Chicken Cutlet recipe, How to make easy chicken cutlet
Indian Chicken Cutlet recipe is an amazingly delicious and tasty appetiser recipe that would be a perfect party food.
The kids will simply love these indian chicken cutlet recipe and would come back asking for more. You can even pack them for the school lunch box.
The beauty and the simplicity of this indian chicken cutlet recipe is that it can be made before hand and refrigerated and fried when you need.
In that way, you can save an awful lot of precious time in the early morning rush. Roll them up in a pita bread with some salad and sauce and bingo, an easy wrap is ready to go.
You can serve this with ketchup or with the mint yogurt chutney. I love the mint yogurt chutney with the indian chicken cutlets. I feel it simply elevated the taste of the cutlets to an another level.
Though I have already shared the mint yogurt chutney, let me again write it here for your convenience, as I feel the indian chicken cutlet recipe is pretty much incomplete without it.
The use of potato, egg and bread crumbs help the indian chicken cutlet recipe to hold together.
I always like to refrigerate all of my koftas and tikkis for at least some time as it helps to hold them together better.
You can even dip them in the batter and roll them in bread crumbs and then refrigerate it for sometime. If not, just remember to refrigerate at least before making the shapes.
Let’s get started with the Indian Chicken Cutlet recipe, How to make easy chicken cutlet
For the mint chutney
Ingredients for the mint yogurt chutney
- Bunch of Mint leaves
- 3 Garlic pods
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 green chilies
- salt to taste
Method for making the mint yogurt chutney
- In a mixer, add mint, green chilies and yogurt and blend.
- Add this paste to the yogurt. Mix in salt to taste.
What You Need:
- 500 gms boneless chicken, cut into cubes or mince
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly crushed black pepper powder
- 2 medium sized potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2 medium sized onions, finely minced
- 2 green chili, finely minced
- handful of coriander leaves, finely minced
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
How To Make:
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a pan and add the chicken, salt, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder and black pepper powder. Fry till the chicken is done. Add water if necessary.
- Allow the chicken to cool and finely shred it or pass it through the food processor.
- Add the mashed potatoes, onions, green chili coriander leaves, 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and egg to the chicken and mix well. Set this aside in a refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Make the cutlets with the shape of your choice. Set aside.
- Mix the all purpose flour with water to make a thin batter to coat the cutlets. Spread the remaining bread crumbs in a plate.
- Dip the cutlets flour batter, coat with bread crumbs.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan on medium high. After coating the cutlets with the bread crumbs, drop them in the oil and fry on both sides till golden brown.
- Serve hot with mint chutney.
Check out the video recipe below.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such easy recipes try out the following