Easy Fish Gravy Recipe is a dish that would linger on your tongue long after you have finished it. The aroma, the taste, the flavor is so delightful.
If you have enjoyed my previously shared south indian fish gravy recipe, I am sure you would enjoy this easy fish gravy recipe too. I really enjoy making fish gravy recipe, as apart from being so delicious in taste, it really is very easy to make.
Sometimes when I can’t think of anything and am not in a mood to cook elaborate meal, I tend to make this easy fish gravy recipe. I serve it with rice and some paapad, and there, a healthy and nutritious dish is ready.
Made with dill leaves and coconut, the easy fish gravy recipe is ready within a short time. Making fish curry has to be one of the easiest things and one of the most versatile.
Serve it with rice, dosa, idiyappam or even roti as one of the reader had mentioned in my other fish curry recipe. I had made this easy fish gravy recipe with the king fish this time, but you can make this with any kind of fish that you enjoy.
Let’s get started with the Easy Fish Gravy Recipe-How to make fish gravy recipe.
All you have to do is dry roast the cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. And then grind it along with the onion and coconut paste.
And then we mix this onion coconut paste with the spices, green chili, finely chopped tomatoes, spices, oil, tamarind pase and fish. When the green chili turns it’s color, switch off th flame. Your tasty easy fish curry recipe is ready. It’s just as simple as that.
Easy Fish Gravy Recipe-How to make fish gravy recipe
- 500 gms fish (any fish of your choice, I have used King Fish in this recipe)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 medium sized onions
- 1 cup coconut freshly grated
- 2 to matoes finely chopped
- 1 cup juice of tamarind pulp
- 4 green chilly slit in middle
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
- 4 tbsp dill leaves/suva bhaji
- Dry roast the cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds till lightly brown about a minute or so.
- Grind this roasted seeds along with the grated coconut and onion to a paste and set aside.
- In a large enough pan, add the oil, fish and rest of the ingredients green chilly, tomatoes, tamarind juice, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, coriander leaves, dill leaves and the onion-coconut paste.
- Add a cup of water and mix well.
- Cook on medium to low flame stirring occasionally. Just rotate the pan gently and don't stir too hard with the spoon. The fish breaks easily if you stir too much.
- Switch off the flame when the green chili changes it's color and oil starts floating on top.
- Serve hot.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you like this recipe.
For more similar recipes see South Indian Fish Curry Recipe-Recipe for Fish Curry Prawn Masala with Methi Recipe-Jhinga Methi Masaledar Salmon – Indian spiced Baked Salmon recipe Deep Fried Fish recipe- Fish Fry Recipe