السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Easy Falafel recipe. Learn how to make the best Falafel recipe.
Staying in Dubai, it’s hard to miss the falafels. You will find them everywhere. At a shawarma shop, in the restaurant, in the small restaurant that sells tea. I see falafels everywhere.
The falafel are one of the favorite Arabic food and a very much integral to the Middle Eastern cuisine. It is eaten as it is, as a snack. Or served in a pita bread along with salad and tahini.
For those of you who haven’t heard of what a falafel is, it is pretty much similar to the masala vada recipe. Except this easy falafel recipe is made with the chickpeas or the chana.
If you want a healthier version of the easy falafel recipe, you can even bake them. They would make a healthier alternative.
The falafel recipe is not that much hard to make. All you have to do is soak the chick peas overnight. After that it is a breeze to make.
For better binding of the easy falafel recipe shape, you can refrigerate the falafel mixture after grinding for sometime. It will help to hold the shape of the falafels nicely.
I do that for almost all kofta recipes too. With the refrigeration, the dough holds shape pretty well. So for the perfect making of the falafel, you can try refrigerating the mixture.
I am including a video recipe at the end. You can check it out for better understanding of the procedure.
Please remember to subscribe to my channel for getting more recipes like that. As I am still in the initial stages of video making, I need all your support to keep it going.
Hope all of you support me in this new found passion, as much as you have done with my dear blog.
Let’s get started with the Easy Falafel recipe. Learn how to make the best Falafel recipe.
Easy Falafel Recipe, How to make Best Falafel Recipe
What You Need:
- 1 cup chick peas / chana
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 or 2 green chili
- 1 tsp freshly black pepper powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- sesame seeds for sprinkling
- oil for frying
How To Make:
- Soak the chickpeas for 24 hours or overnight. Drain the water.
- In a food processor add the soaked chickpeas, onion, all purpose flour, green chili, black pepper powder, cumin seeds, coriander leaves and salt. Grind them to a coarse mixture. Do not use a mixer grinder and make it into a paste. The falafels taste best when the mixture is lightly coarse.
- Make them into desired shapes.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Fry till golden brown in color. Serve hot or serve them in a pita bread with salad and some sauce
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such easy recipes try out the following