Easy Coconut Macaroon recipe – This has to be one of the most easiest and simple to gather ingredients recipe of coconut macaroons. My kiddos really love these and insist I make it ever so often and pack them up for school. But no matter how many batches I make over the weekend, it never gets to the school. My daughter couldn’t even wait for me to finish the shoot. She was sneaking away a macaroon while I was photographing just when I clicked. It looked so cute that I decided to include that into the post. Lol!!!
Brimming with coconut with a lovely moist texture inside and crispiness outside, this is just the easy coconut macaroons are just the perfect snack that you need when you feel like indulging in something good. The best macaroons have a soft, chewy center with a slightly crisped exterior. These coconut macaroons are perfect for gift giving, as they will stay fresh for up to 5 days. The coconut macaroons take very little time and prep, which makes them ideal for some last-minute baking
With these easy coconut macaroons, you will get nostalgic with your childhood memories if you were fond of the coconut biscuits as a kid. That’s what we called it during childhood. It was my favorite cookie. I absolutely love Coconut Macaroons (not to be confused with Macarons which are the Classic French Pastry Cookie).
You can even make it with the shredded coconut flakes instead of the grated coconut that I have used.
If you are looking for more such recipes, try the
Let’s get started with the easy coconut macaroon recipe
Easy Coconut Macaroon Recipe-How to make coconut macaroons
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup 100 grams granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups 720 ml sweetened dried coconut (shredded or flaked)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C)
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs well until beaten. Add in the sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add in the dried shredded coconut and mix well.
- Place small mounds (about 1 tablespoon) of the mixed coconut on the baking sheet with parchment paper with lot of space in between. Press it the middle to make the shape of your choice.
- Bake for about 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown in color.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Your delicious and easy coconut macaroons are ready to serve.
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in November 2015. It has been retested and updated with reader feedback. The recipe has been made printable and checkboxes added for following the steps easily.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.